free hit
counters
Pagid pads road legal? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
red vtec

Pagid pads road legal?

I have a spare set of Pagid pads that came with the used calipers I bought, they have a slip of paper inside saying that they are not for road use. is this the case? or is it a legal requirement for the manufacturere like race exhaust on bikes?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I may be wrong but that sounds like marketting to me, as far as I'm aware and common sense says that if pads are good enough for track use they'll be good enough for the road.

Possibly they don't work very well until they get hotter than they would in normal road use? I've been using Pagid pads on my daily driver (VW) and they are great. But different model pads from the same manufacturer will be different of course.

Got Pagid RS19's on the Elan Chris. Work fine from cold too although can be noisy at times hot or cold. Put on by GST a couple of years ago and still fine. Agree with Bibs on this.

It may not be the case! I could be totally wrong but could it be with somethings they are BSI approved etc for certain aplications? Maybe there has to be different testing done for track use and while they may perform equally or even better my not have the correct certification? I had a mate Rodney who whilst he worked at Team Lotus a few years back bought the same bash hat as Jonny Herbert was using for racing his Lotus. That helmet was not road legal and had some bother when he was pulled IIRC??? Anyhow he thought if it was good enough for F1 it should be more than good enough for his 2 stroke 250?

Buddsypolice.gif

and common sense says....

When has that had any thing to do with anything!! You do know we live in Great Britain I take it!!!gathering.gif hahahaha

Many race pads are horrible for road use, as they never warm up enough for effective stopping in daily driving.

I suspect it's that they haven't been homologated for road use, i.e. they don't have an ECE mark on them.

Cheers for the replies, I'll have another lookk and see if I can figure out what version they are, might just be they need a lot of heat to work.

Thanks

Chris

Pagid

According to this blurb on their web page, yes they're ok for road. Unless of course the pads they are referring to on the web page are not the pads you have. Ring 'em!