free hit
counters
New Look - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Look

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the new default skin that comes with the upgrade, it's called 'cleancut' and is pretty functional. Not wanting to go back to the grey then?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Glad to hear your HO, using the bundled skin saves me a massive ballache each time we upgrade so it's all good! :lol:

There's a new, much better (so I'm told) mobile skin too which is enable for now. We disabled it before as it wasn't necessary on smartphones/blackberrys and the like. Any feedback is welcome.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Very good Bibs,looks very smart! So computer thingys have skins then? I know I am a Luddite so far as techno things are concerned but if this makes the Forums more appealing so that more will join in the fun then it has to be a good thing.:lol:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

It's still there Pilko, bottom left.

Evora NA

B+G is so much easier on my bloodshot eyes...

I guess just going easy on the G&T's isn't an option?

Evora NA

I like the "back to the top" button which, if it was on the previous version, I hadn't noticed... saves a lot of scrolling.

I was going to request another "View new content" button to be put at the bottom of each page, but the bttp button is almost as big a time saver.

Looks good so far.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Another plus vote, nice. :lol:

What with Google Chrome, I can hardly keep up it's that quick.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

In general terms I like it. I like the colour scheme. Very clear. However...

1) PM's no longer open automatically when you go in. My settings seem to indicate that they still should. I have to go looking for the PM section as not exactly shouting at you is it? Before we had the number in the green circle. Now we have a small number in same colour if new or none.

2) I have the spinning coloured disk (PC equivalent is hourglass) on my Apple active a lot more. Indicating slow downloading or similar. Never had that before. Only takes a few seconds here and there but slower than before.

3) When I tried the B & G screen set up I really liked that. Never noticed it before and it would be good to use to save my old eyes but when i do everything is fine apart from the post dates and times all have gone to a long number string. Is this a setting I can change somehwere? As soon as I revert to normal colours all is fine again.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

If you want to know that you've got a new message, change your notifications.

Notification settings.

That way, rather than relying on a tiny number somewhere on the screen you'll get an email telling you that you have a new message to read.

Al - This is a huge core enhancement to the software, I'm unable to make much in the way of changes as I'm not a PHP programmer, never have been and never will be. It is however unlikely that a paid (and pricey at that) software used by literally millions of people would have had an upgrade which makes it slower or worse.

As for the green/black, it's fine here, I need a screenshot to log a support ticket with the software providers.

Evora NA

Bibs,

I too have the long string of numbers in the Black and Green screen ( which is easier with bifocals too ) where it should be telling me when the last post was placed. If not corrected when I return I will have my IT brother show me how to take a screen shot ( I know I know, great international poolboy but lousy computer guy ) and send it to you if not already done.

Rest looks great and actually am looking towards seeing on my mobile phone.

I'm guessing the skin is incompatible with the upgrade.

If you can find me a dark IPB 3.1.0 skin I'll install it as a replacement. (clue, use Google and you'll find hundreds of options.)

Evora NA

If you want to know that you've got a new message, change your notifications.

Notification settings.

That way, rather than relying on a tiny number somewhere on the screen you'll get an email telling you that you have a new message to read.

Al - This is a huge core enhancement to the software, I'm unable to make much in the way of changes as I'm not a PHP programmer, never have been and never will be. It is however unlikely that a paid (and pricey at that) software used by literally millions of people would have had an upgrade which makes it slower or worse.

As for the green/black, it's fine here, I need a screenshot to log a support ticket with the software providers.

Mat, thanks for providing a screenshot. I am new to Macs and haven't worked out how yet. Have only just learned on PC's dammit. unworthy.gif

Hi Bibs, Thanks for the feedback. I didn't expect you to be able to make any changes. You asked for feedback, good or bad. I offered it. No worries mate I will attempt to use whatever is there.

I am not so sure about your statement about speed though. Far too many websites assume good or great broadband connections these days. At work where we are not broadband as via satellite that is very obvious as the fancier websites take forever toload if in fact we can wait that long. Companies have lost business from us to others for just not thinking about this sort of thing which is a problem in our industry. At home here in the evenings my speed slows right down in comparison to during the day when less folk using it. However I am not someone to complain of change to the Forum as I hate that. It always has to develop. If you sit still you will loose it. I always have the ultimate vote if I don't like it.

BTW I already had those settings exactly as you have shown. I was/am getting e-mails fine warning me I had messages but what I meant was when I logged in to the forum before the 1st message would open automatically over the top of The Lotus Forums opening page. You could then choose to read or ignore. yesterday I had two notifications, came into forum and nothing opened and in fact had to go looking for the messenger to open it and it was only showing up as a single word with a number beside it top leftish beside settings. Tonight I see coming in with no messages waiting that that word isn't even there.

Not sure if it helps but I'm running OS X 10.6.3 and Safari 4.0.5 as well. And I know you hate this when people say this, but I haven't a clue WTF you are on about with reference to dark IPB skins whistle.gifso I will leave that to someone much more cleverer than me who is actually into computers.

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Excellent. Thank you. So it does!

Edited by Al.

I have also downloaded the free IP.Board app for iPhone. I am not sure if that was available before the upgrade but it is now and is much easier to use than accessing the forum via Safari.