free hit
counters
Droopy sunvisor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The drivers sunvisor in my car is droopy, quiet a surprise sometimes when it just drops down when least expected. I'm going to remove the front panel it's attached to so I can remove it but once it's off how do I make it,erm, stiff again?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A piece of heat shrink tube works as well. Never had an issue with the ones on the Lotus. However years ago I had the issue on a 911.

Couple of knockers will keep it straight and rigid. In regards to the sunvisor I fixed one years ago in another vehicle and I had to replace a tension clip inside to fix the darn thing, do agree that they choose the most inopportune times to drop down like when someone pulls out in front of you suddenly not when cruising down the motorway.

Other than the sunroof seal and 4 screws is there anything else holding the panel in place? It doesn't want to come off easily for sure!

Bibs,

My fabric has so much adhesive on it it took a while for me to work that panel off from the sunroof area. I went slow so that I would not tear the fabric. I figure by now you have finished the task...if a recall it took me about an hour to remove.

What about some small objects rammed in near the offending article, perhaps some small blue tablets, I've seen them advertised on spam mail for something like this?

I've just got around to dealing with this and the panel is mostly removed but appears to be held in by the leather at the front being stuck between the front of the roof and the windscreen. I'm being delicate-ish as I don't want to damage the screen but it's not budging. Any advice?

Hi there - had same problem of sun-visor dropping. Stuck on a velcro-pad, now it sits! No pills, no rubbing.

The glue from the velcro will melt when the car gets hot and will also damage the leather. Removing mine was the catalyst to reconnolising my whole interior but it was initially removed to fix the droop and repair the damage the velcro glue had caused.