free hit
counters
Fuel Tank...Anyone know of any cheap ones for sale? - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rearwheelaction

Fuel Tank...Anyone know of any cheap ones for sale?

:thumbsup: I need a fuel tank for the passenger side of the car. Ive taken it out of the car but its in pretty bad shape.....Ive had quotes for £250 but was wondering if there is any reconditioned ones or good second hand ones about. I don't really want to spend too much money as im going to sell my car in a few weeks time...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
:thumbsup: I was wondering if anyone knows where i can get my hands on a cheap tank for the passenger side. I can get an aluminium made up for £250 but was trying to get one cheaper. Can anyone help.. Thanks

£250 sounds like a bargain for an ally tank to me. :thumbsup:

There was one on ebay....

Have you tried googling for 'fabricators' or metal engineering companies in your area. It is surprising how many of these types of firm can perform astonishingly good repairs...

Depending on how bad it is you could seal it internally with a restoration kit available from frosts. The kit is a lot less than the price of a tank but it does rely on the tank being structurally sound.

Phil

Depending on how bad some radiator reconditioners can repair them thats what i did with mine