free hit
counters
How often do you drive your Lotus? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How often do you drive your Lotus?

Usage poll  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with that :horse:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Unfortunately for the entire period of my Esprit ownership (2 V8-GTs and 5years) I have been doing the weekly commute to London from Scotland. I therefore only get to drive at weekends but I certainly make good use of it - I am averaging about 9k miles a year.

Edited by hedgerley

My answer is

Not as much as I would like to.

There are many possible reasons

1. Work

2. Car problem

3. Not enough seats

4. need to carry something big

but when I do get the chance I try to mak the most of it and end up driving far further than I need to!!

Twitter @radioRedwards

I voted: Lots but not quite every single day

But to be honest it depends on the season. Summer, it gets a several runs in the week. In winter it sits in the garage on the charger as I don't bother fitting it with a set of winter tyres and in my oponion LR/Rover/Jag is probably much more fun on snow and ice.

Did about 7,000 miles last year in her although she sat in a nice warm garage at the local museum with a couple of runs over the winter.

Did a quick run out to the local track yesterday 120 mile round trip.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

The Evora is my daily drive and I do about 30,000 miles per year.

...although she sat in a nice warm garage at the local museum with a couple of runs over the winter.

I'm not falling for that, Brian. Scotland is way too compact for that feat. Unless you're procurring your daily cuppa' in London, and combining that with an afternoon golf game at the Greater Stornoway Country Club, there ain't enough pavement north of Hadrian's Wall to do that kind of milage. Methinks elaboration is in order.:horse:

And speaking of explanations, Bob, I just don't see your Esprit as qualifiying as a museum piece quite yet. Or are you a "docent" on the side?:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

1 :Excel - Every day, subject to item 2

2: Esprit - Weekends, subject to going to hospital to have big grin removed.

:horse:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I used to use mine a s a daily having put almost 50,000 on the clock since owning. This year to date i've covered less than 500 miles, it pains me to see her not used.

I do try and take her out as much as possible but the weather this year (i know crap excuse) has been diabolical)

However since being parked up she has had new red carpet set installed, new speakers, centre console and leather all retreated like new, looks amazing now.

She's also had New rear disks, new sports mini silencer, full C service, lots of hoses replaced, lots of things tightened :sorcerer: must'nt forget that.

And is about to have the wheels dark chrome finished.

So maybe not using her as much means i get to do the thing normally i could'nt.

This week I will be using her as a daily driver as my Renault key card stopped working yesterday when i went through a body scanner at Regus???? WTF!!!

Renault have said its 10 days to get keycard ordered from france then ontop of the £135 for the card another £50 to have it matched......

Oh well at least i get to drive the Esprit lets hope the weather improves

All those people who have viewed this thread (and I have a list) who don't have a working car, man up and face reality, there are lots of you who need to click the last option but haven't had the balls to. Funny, the truth isn't it and how actually admitting to it would hurt so much!

Go fix your cars or sell them to someone who will. It pains me to have so many cars being left to rot or on projects so long that make our govt look efficient.

Anyone who doesn't drive their car in the rain, I feel for your agony in owning a paper mache car! Luckily mine is fully waterproof and a joy to drive, whatever the weather. I'm off for a drive shortly, going nowhere but I'll come home smiling, that's why I own it!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I have to concur this is actually the first Lotus I've had that doesn't leak, there again it's the first one without a soft top. Lost a girlfriend once, cause I wouldn't put it on, it wasn't raining hard.

My projects have always been finished and most on schedule. animier.gif It's much easier these days, I don't have to explain what I'm doing or disclose cost.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Following on from your little marching order earlier Bibs, I dragged the car out the garage and give it a quick wash...

Been to have me hair cut in it and now popped back to pick Lisa up, now were off out for a little jaunt...

:sorcerer:

Cheers Bibs.....!!!

Just broke down for the first time and it's all your fault!

Well, technically mine, but your getting the blame! Tied a fuel hose up out of the way earlier and it seems it went soft with the heat and colapsed!

Anyway it's going now, hope it stays going! Couldn't have been in a worse place, in the middle of a fashion outlet carpark! D'oh!!!!

Hope she makes it home....

Chunky Lover

Bibs I must be getting old then hehe

I prefer my creature comforts in the wet and the higher up driving position of the company barge lol.

Esprit would be an all weather car and and every day car but I reckon i'm probably one of the few to have put on over 50,000 miles in five years.

It would be good to see or hear if others have.

Right, bin stumbling earlier around 5-6k rpm up, now I've released the fuel hose she's running good...

My rear tyres are going off though I think as we had a lovely slide around a roundabout on the way over here to lisas folks house, felt good but a lot of squeeling from the near side, twas Lisa though so all ok there :sorcerer: they are the originals from when I bought the car 6 years ago but they are like new tread and it seems a shame to throw them away, no money for new ones anyway... The tell tale they are past there best is the browning on them, appart from that they really are like new.

Think larger tyres or a lighter right foot/less enthusiasm are in order though... I'm sure the vectra would have been heaps faster through the roundabout though, even if the fat arse old girl isn't quite as pretty :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Mine gets used often enough to warrant constant maintenance. Ive even done the 2 lotus route and used an S2 Elise daily and through two winters. Pleasant that was not :sorcerer:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I work at an alumina refinery so I don't drive it there all the time as emissions from the plant can occur and can make a real mess of paintwork. When I did a stint up at the bauxite mine here I drove it quite a bit as the road up through the hills to get there is quite a bit of fun.

Generally the only excuse I have for not driving mine is that whatever the better half wants to pick up won't all fit in the boot.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I agree with Bibs, I use mine every day, I know I have an Excel which is not as valuable as many of the cars on here but it is still a rare car these days . I made it right through the worst winter up here for 20 or so years and only twice could not use the car because the snow was that bad I could not even get out the driveway!! The car very rarely lets me down and I do feel it gets better although the smaller jobs (tiding up) you need to do get pushed further down the too do list. I can also say mine is totally weather resistant as it is not garaged and never have a leak.

Go on everyone put down your polishing cloth, ignore the weather and stop dreaming about it and get out and drive that LOTUS :)

Took the old girl to work yesterday just to piss off the cocksucker of a floor manager...

He didn't speak to me all day, he makes me laugh, he's shit at his job and a [email protected] to boot, he's the co-directors son though....

Think I'm handing my notice in Monday.

Driving her to work made me a little happier though

Chunky Lover

Unfortunately with my wifes shift pattern revolving around Weekends and I have to stay at home to look after the kids, I rarely get a chance to drive her, especially as she now lives in a nice warm lock up 10 miles away. Still, off to collect her tomorrow and she will hang around for the week as the weather looks nice. Be nice to use her as a run around!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)