Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Injured my back yesterday, working on the Green meanie. Lots of work still to do and no time in between work to finish at present. Nuts.

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Being told by the garage which was MOTing a Clio that I had just finished doing a head gasket change on that it was going to fail the MOT on emissions. They said: "There's no charge yet but there are no free retests, so did I want to continue the test to see if there was anything else wrong with it?"

Answer: Yes, of course I want you to go and waste my money by testing the car twice, and paying twice, when you've just given me a 'get out of jail card' highlighting a major failure point.

Note to self.... must take the batteries out of the 'stupid' light that must be installed in my forehead!

Still, I suppose they could have done the whole thing and then said it had failed.

Hope the Punto that they are testing now doesn't have a problem or it's going to be an expensive weekend!

Paul, hope your back gets better soon.......

Edited by wookie

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

How much time you got?? Lol

:horse:

might have to move this post now to the happy tread... :)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Thanks Chris. :) Hope all goes well with the Punto.

How much time you got?? Lol

Plenty of time, except it is filled with every other activity, rather than for what I need to get done thanks.:sorcerer:

• Like 1

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Leaky under sink water filter and subsequent flooding.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

The usual equipment I use at work is being discontinued for no good reason.

I've been using a replacement today - no where near as good. I'm VERY unhappy.

Finding solace in beer!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Ditto DB :sorcerer:

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Alcohol is infact fantastic at completely solving all back pain no matter how severe.

Its the only way I made it through my original prolapsed disc issues a few years ago... Highly recommended Paul, if beer doesnt work, start on the strong stuff...

:sorcerer:

Chunky Lover

Whinge whinge whinge! I'm tempted to lock this thread just on principal :sorcerer:

You know I started the 'what made you happy today' thread to offer a flip side to all the threads on here people start about the miseries in their life. Be more positive people!

What made me POSITIVELY unhappy today?

.... Laura threatening to lock this thread..... boo, hoo! :sorcerer:

• Like 1

<br />

In practice, there is!

Thanks Bibs, I've been looking for someone to take over my overdraft for ages... but I guess that would live in the Doppleganger thread!

<br />

In practice, there is!

Re bank managers and balances, etc, thought this excerpt from "Calcium made interesting" by Graham Chapman might be appropriate

overdraft.jpg

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

A mates new girlfriend asked if my car was Knightrider's car. Then to add unsult to injuring she asked if it was a kit car. She wasn't joking either. She then said it looked like a lego car and she said she didn't like it. I know some ladies aren't really into cars so I can vaguely understand, but she didn't make a good first impression!

• Gold FFM

Having to have a sandwich instead of my Sunday roast. Whole road has had a powercut for some reason.

No Coffee, no hot food and at this rate, no Top Gear.

Last time this happened about three years ago, it was tourches and candles for 36 hours. ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

to see my car still without its wheels made me verry unhappy today :unsure:

-powdercoat company is to buisy to put my own wheels 'on first' (5 weeks now) ...and no information on the purchase of a spare set of Mag's via *TLF* ;)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 month later...