free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 131 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
37 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

down to the difference between metric and imperial.

Bloody EU again! :harhar:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yesterday we drove 180 miles from South Devon to the Cotswolds. The vast majority of this was on the A38 dual carriageway and M5 motorway. We set off at 11am and it took nearly 6 hours at an average speed of 31mph. We didn’t encounter any accidents or major roadworks. It was all down to shear weight of traffic. I think the active distance sensors on modern cars possibly makes this worse, as cars are braking far more often, which starts a chain reaction ending up with stop/start traffic.

• Sad 1

On 13/08/2021 at 13:39, Alfa2Evora said:

Not really - I think the enlarged nature of the photo exaggerates the apparent difference.

I've managed to borrow an internal micrometer from an engineer neighbour and the hole in the new one is 0.026mm smaller so I think it is down to the difference between metric and imperial.

Borrow?  What a tight-arse! £4.77 on ebay ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363210994641

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

Yup, no doubt accurate to plus or minus 10cm's too. You can't beat a precision engineering tool bought cheaply on ebay :)

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, phil flash said:

Borrow?  What a tight-arse! £4.77 on ebay ..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363210994641

Oi! Who are you calling a tight-arse? Up here, that's referred to as being frugal, :rolleyes:.

I've got a friend in Hadleigh who's husband is a retired dentist so he knows how to inflict pain - just saying like. :P

• Haha 1

• Sad 5

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:(

RIP Sean, very sad news, such a funny guy with a super quick wit.

• Sad 3

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 17/08/2021 at 10:32, C8RKH said:

Yup, no doubt accurate to plus or minus 10cm's too. You can't beat a precision engineering tool bought cheaply on ebay :)

No, you can't ... accurate to 0.1mm and I've got plenty of expensive ones to check it against. For what Alfa2Evora was measuring it would be perfectly adequate and it's what I use most of the time ..   

PSX_20210819_195749.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/08/2021 at 10:42, Bibs said:

Drove home along the M4 in Wales yesterday where a stretch of the SPECS monitored motorway has been reduced to 60mph to improve air quality. Bit rubbish bearing in mind I was in a fully electric car.

• Haha 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, phil flash said:

No, you can't ... accurate to 0.1mm and I've got plenty of expensive ones to check it against. For what Alfa2Evora was measuring it would be perfectly adequate and it's what I use most of the time ..   

PSX_20210819_195749.jpg

That’s a great selection of G-clamps you have, Phil.

Margate Exotics.

3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

That’s a great selection of G-clamps you have, Phil.

Yes I have ... but they are not in the photo, how do you know ?  ... 😜

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, phil flash said:

PSX_20210819_195749.jpg

I was obviously taking the piss but if you want to be "arsey" about it, that tool would have struggled would it not, being accurate to 0.1mm, when the actual difference was outside it's tolerance ("the new one is 0.026mm smaller"). But then I'm no engineer and just like taking the piss so what do I know! :)

Trying to resolve a couple of issues with 2 companies this morning and still getting the current “flavour of the times” excuses for providing crap customer service. 
Given up on trying to phone their so called “customer services” departments since they are “currently experiencing an unprecedented number of calls” and still getting this as an acknowledgement to emails.

In line with the most recent Government guidelines our Customer Service teams are safely working from home.

We are experiencing a much higher than usual volume of requests and may currently take up to 48 working hours to respond“

Am I mistaken or did that “most recent” Govt guidance become historic some months ago. Also note the length of response time, not 48 hours but 48 working hours 😮

Time for all of this bullshine from companies to stop!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I was obviously taking the piss but if you want to be "arsey" about it, that tool would have struggled would it not, being accurate to 0.1mm, when the actual difference was outside it's tolerance ("the new one is 0.026mm smaller"). But then I'm no engineer and just like taking the piss so what do I know! :)

Yeah, I know you were taking the piss, being a piss-taker is an essential quality of any Lotus owner!  .. and Sorry, didn't read his post properly.

'Normal Clearance' hole for a 8mm Clevis is 9mm; for a 5/16" Clevis (closest Imperial to 8mm) it's 11/32" which is 8.7315mm so smaller by 0.2685mm, which "my cheapo digital caliper" would have read.  Strange coincidence it measured .026 mm, 1/10th of what I was expecting..   but then a 8mm Clevis should still go into 8.7mm hole, just be more difficult!

On a more practical note it may be worth pointing out that Evora Parts Manual 47.02 Page 2 lists two different Clevis pins depending upon Metal master cylinder (early) or Plastic m/c (Later)

27 Clevis Pin, master cylinder to pedal Metal master cylinder *Up to VIN (see below) A132J6012F 1
27a Clevis Pin, dia 8mm, master cylinder to pedal Plastic master cylinder *From VIN (see below) A132J6063S 1

*From: All Supercharged cars, NA LHD from '11MY serial number BHD11343, NA RHD from '11MY serial number BHC11524, USA/Canada from '11MY serial number BHA11528.

The later 27a is stated to be 8mm which kind of suggests the early one wasn't, and copying A132J6012F into SJ Sportscars Search brings up that it's same Part No for 10mm Brake Clevis.

So early were 10mm, later 8mm, begs the question "Did Lotus reduce the hole in the clutch pedal or just leave the 8mm clevis to rattle around in a clearance hole for 10mm?"

• Love 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

Trying to resolve a couple of issues with 2 companies this morning and still getting the current “flavour of the times” excuses for providing crap customer service. 
Given up on trying to phone their so called “customer services” departments since they are “currently experiencing an unprecedented number of calls” and still getting this as an acknowledgement to emails.

In line with the most recent Government guidelines our Customer Service teams are safely working from home.

We are experiencing a much higher than usual volume of requests and may currently take up to 48 working hours to respond“

Am I mistaken or did that “most recent” Govt guidance become historic some months ago. Also note the length of response time, not 48 hours but 48 working hours 😮

Time for all of this bullshine from companies to stop!

It's complete bollox anyway. I work in financial services. Our IT "crapness" is an internal joke. We have however had record breaking customer service scores throughout the pandemic, such that one of our call centres has actually been closed and the staff made permanent homeworkers.

Office based activities have absolutely no excuse. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

so bearing in mind ive had to be launched into a family business against my will that i know or did know little about i.e pet food / small holder supplies etc to save dads house etc blah blah blah life has been a struggle but wha ho today my issues have been solved because my youngest sister bless has solved the problem that we need to double turnover in order to evern think about being able to pay ourselves by deciding single handidly to stock and sell scented candles along side the pet food we sell !!!! genious !!! why the fook didnt i think of that !!!! 🙄  

• Haha 1