Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 152 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

So on Monday after a brilliant weekend at Glamis where one of our members came away with Best in Class for unrestored car we ended up having to rush Wendy to hospital due to her having a severe Asthma Attack due to a food Allergy. Wendy and one other member of our group who is on a Gluten free diet had both informed the waitress of the condition and asked to make sure what it said on the menu was correct. WRONG on both accounts. One meal arrived with what they called sauce 74 which is full of hot spices, Chillies etc. Wendy took a small sample on her fork to taste the sauce and her lips started tingling, I told the waitress that it was the wrong sauce, but by then it was too late. After about an hour or so the tingling had calmed down, but could eat nothing else as the reaction had started. 2 hours later Wendy had an asthma attack in our hotel room, she managed managed to keep under controlled with her inhaler. Sunday as the day was getting on, her chest was getting worse and the use of her inhaler had to be increased. Sunday night, Monday morning a severe asthma attack was on which her inhaler just couldn't handle and I had rush her to hospital by car as no ambulances were immediately available to take her to Aberdeen 32 miles away (36 hrs after having the sauce ) to the A&E department where she was first treated in the car park by a couple of paramedics who immediately put her on an oxygen, she was then transferred to the triage ward and put on a nebuliser which had a double doze of Salbutamol, her oxygen levels at this time were down to 81% which is dangerously low. Once stabilised she was then transferred to the A&E ward where she spent another 5 hours in the ward, with another nebuliser and another double dose of Salbutamol. 5 hours later we were told she needed to stay in for the night in the Respiratory ward but the consultant explained that the ward was also being used as the Covid treatment ward. We quickly declined the offer and went with the the consultant's recommendations that it would be safer to go home with medication.

At our meal a second member of the group endured swelling to the mouth and face as her meal had gluten substances in it. She had informed the restaurant staff that she was on a Gluten free diet when placing her order. It now looks like her food had been cross contaminated, but luckily, she only had mild irritation. The Saturday evening at the hotel had ended on a sour note as at 10.45 a round of drinks was requested and refused with the answer that the bar was closed. OK, fine, no big issue but at 10.50 the manager told us : Quote. Take your drinks and get out, we are closed:

I must tell you that nobody was under the influence of drink, or in the slightest bit intoxicated as we were all driving back to Glamis early the next morning.
Sadly, after 15 years (with the exception of Covid shut down) of always staying at this hotel and eating at the same adjoined restaurant, we would normally take up amount to 12/15 rooms, this also equated to 20/30 evening meals and a sensible amount of after dinner drinks . The Premier will no longer be having our custom, and the Beefeater has absolutely no chance of us ever eating there again.
Sadly, the end of an era.
Shame on you Beefeater. You even had the nerve to insist that the two wrongly supplied meals be paid for. 

The whole incident has since been reported to Beefeater management and a full investigation is to be carried out by local and area management.

May be an image of 1 person, standing, hospital and indoor

• Sad 9

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:blink:

Wow, and not a good wow! Hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better now?

Yes thanks Bib's. Wendy is still struggling to speak ( :) ) as the nebuliser causes throat irritation and she has a strong doze of steroids to get through.

1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

Yes thanks Bib's. Wendy is still struggling to speak ( :) ) as the nebuliser causes throat irritation and she has a strong doze of steroids to get through.

What a nightmare!  I hope Wendy gets better soon.  The sensitivity to that sauce is astounding.  I'm stunned the restaurant charged you.  Thinking you should present them with the hospital bill when Wendy feels better.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

12 hours ago, bogle said:

What a nightmare!  I hope Wendy gets better soon.  The sensitivity to that sauce is astounding.  I'm stunned the restaurant charged you.  Thinking you should present them with the hospital bill when Wendy feels better.

No hospital bill as we live in the peoples republic of Scotland.

HOWEVER, once Wendy is fully recovered (which I know will be your priority and we all wish her a very speedy recovery) I would be consulting with a lawyer, Food Standards and HSA with regards to a case against the restaurant.  They are supposed to ask every diner if they have any allergies, and if they do, they are supposed to act and have a duty of care, which in this instance, they have obviously failed.

Again, the priority is Wendy and her health, but once she fully recovers John I hope you are able to get the support needed to close the place down. It won't help Wendy, but it might stop them from nearly killing, or worse, another diner in the future.

Very best wishes and prayers for a speedy, full recovery.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Thanks Andy. Beefeater have now instigated an internal enquiry so we will see what they say. I am due a call back at 1500 hrs today. My next course of action after that call will be to a solicitor I recon.

John.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great idea. How's Wendy tonight?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Great idea. How's Wendy tonight?

Still very tired and hardly any voice, as far as I understand, this is caused by the direct dose of Salbutamol through the nebulizer. No return call at 1500 as promised so I called them. What I have been told is an investigation has been instigated by senior local management and an area manager. I have requested a call back with an update no later than 1200 hrs tomorrow as I will then go legal.

• Like 2

Sounds like she is stable John and getting good care which is very good news bud. She'll be sore for a while though by the sound of it but fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

John, I too hope she makes a full recovery, such a sad story and very avoidable if restaurants reviewed their menus properly and provided better staff training.

I know that certain laws and procedures can be different in Scotland to the rest of the U.K. but have you considered contacting the food agency which overlooks restaurants? They should be interested and would probably conduct a more thorough investigation than internal management are likely to do.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Vxoh_DRPzACns7y733Coj5bsmrEhp8ntgOWVxuCcgIabqViN438VchcsqZ_RvItjjv2jycPQ8TpA5n0svtgWVlEkc6EERruFnzI8rkOdbUflu0SKqHbSMHjD8XOdafrH7ixWyLPDfQhel1zff1ItcFE_0uNHIHDG3eMwTmjlq0KPb7Ra99GmMEAPLAATzHCiTFigcrQJLlEqYQjACJrDQll3G579vH8JL5OLMq1YwjCHNVyGft-bjnFlRn1CrxaNgiKQD8UA0PnsZ359Fz9iXy7sEjuvOr25x_Ckf3lAJxmwSjsRiky0r5W1tF6grXTu_qYCoh-1tpYpdBiS1kGbIQb4BLGMRUS06KoP0xDvvWA7HUIE6twAqnwvRgdv8cEXEuDFj_G7fA0hwSPb_FkFaQ2YL6FvxZw7NB0zBIpf7dccRJuFw2PgYcs74CogVl96QnfET2W7ChKmGOUrShqBr1IyNoGqk0l8F68wJcKzOeGk41J9cVFuJ-uv7Ap4XH_LfLn1i3_YfZR5AhaR6YH1Pv6pQXHtvjWawQCLSGFJuEQbhG9ubHhjrNNuvvmDgtSGb9wp061A8CphKu-1RWEiMMdIsw3gv-r8-ULeMfZ35bB2L8WDU8ZL9Cs52br4uTf7Q22hGyKkpeeb2ryI4rVxzLgvn99nBmHAIJoeVZuRvVDXB2nOIhPeGotmTWmqwRkIxxKsRuF8HI_irytuOGwNV5FvCK0yEhfwvREH2eYAroD5bHypq2FO6N8E2FFR=w1986-h1494-no?authuser=0Someone reversed into my parked car 🥲

Did you ID them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Unfortunately, this has to go here this time. Not anything directly relating to Jennifer, at least not yet anyway, but the potential is there for it to be detrimental to her in the longer term, :(.

JENNIFER : LATEST UPDATE

Not a lot to report really, at least not in relation to Jennifer's recovery progress. Apart from a couple of 'quiet' days, when she was no doubt recharging her batteries, she has made small but steady positive steps these past few weeks.

However, and it is a big however, today that has potentially all been put at risk. Following the relaxation of the visiting restrictions about a month or so ago, somebody (they have been identified although it's maybe just as well for their well-being that their identity is not being made public) has been lazy/selfish and probably not done the still required pre-visit lateral flow test resulting in a Covid outbreak within the Stroke Unit.

There is one patient as a confirmed case and several others feeling unwell and awaiting test results. Fortunately, Jennifer is not one of those affected as all the cases are currently within another side bay at the other end of the unit. The overall outcome, however, is that the entire unit has been put into complete lockdown with only staff members allowed in and out. All patients are confined to the area immediately adjacent to their bed, with no visitors permitted and all therapy sessions cancelled.

I went in this afternoon with some newly-laundered clothes for Jennifer, which a staff member took from me in exchange for the daily bag of soiled clothes, at the outside door to the unit. I also had a bowl of fresh fruit salad and a 'refill' for her chocolate box, both of which I've been taking her every day for several weeks now and which she really looks forward to, but these items were deemed 'prohibited items' under the new infection control measures so I had to bring them home.

So Jennifer is now sitting in virtual isolation, unable to see me or any of her other family and friends occasional visitors, she has no activities to relieve the boredom of ward life and no little home-comfort luxuries to enjoy. This is going to last 10 days, by which time she'll have gone completely stir-crazy and I really fear that this set-back is going to undo completely all the progress that we've achieved to date.

• Sad 4

Hi David,

I can't believe Covid was allowed to enter the facility by negligence.  The person(s) responsible needs to be held accountable for all costs and any health issues incurred by staff or patients.  If any patient/staff contracts or is unable to work or worse as a result of negligence, this individual must pay all expenses and hardships to affected members.  As this was preventable event, prison time can and should be applied if any person is left disabled, intubated or a wrongful death occurs. There's no excuse for this and claiming ignorance won't help either.  Maximum penalties will be applied to this arse of human trash.   As I have had nearly 3 family members (Dad and 2 brothers) die from Covid, I obviously don't take this idiots actions lightly.  

I'm sorry David that this has impacted Jennifer and your already tough circumstances.  This is just awful.

• Thanks 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Can she zoom call use a phone .my dad learnt to use a laptop with his left hand after a stroke it helped him get letters the right way round,he did recover he drove again and did his hobby of fotograpy and could spell better than me 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@Painterdave 

Unfortunately, a problem which really only came to light very recently and was going to start to be addressed by the therapists this week, :no , is that whilst Jennifer is well up to speed when it comes to conversation she is still completely unable to recognise numbers or letters so using a keypad is not an option at the moment. That and the fact that we're both dinosaurs when it comes to anything beyond a basic text message doesn't help either, :rolleyes:.

Use that ten days to rest and get you strong maybe get yourself up to speed on an iPad or phone then you can show Jennifer how to play games on it , norts and crosses it may get her recovery moving faster ,make time for you

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Friends across the road that helped Liz when I had my stroke have had the worst happen this morning.

Bill was working from home, as was his wife Kylie. Early morning meeting and then he told Kylie he was going to have a quick shower. Kylie heard Bill yelling to her to come and help as he thought he may be having a stroke. Kylie gets in to the ensuite to find Bill on the floor. Ambulances etc. 8:30am

Bill now on ICU on life support. Doctors have said that barring a miracle, there is nothing they can do.

Kylie told Liz that she doubts she will forget the terror in Bill’s eyes.

Family are travelling in to say goodbye. :( 

On 03/08/2022 at 09:04, Alfa2Evora said:

Unfortunately, this has to go here this time. Not anything directly relating to Jennifer, at least not yet anyway, but the potential is there for it to be detrimental to her in the longer term, :(.

JENNIFER : LATEST UPDATE

Not a lot to report really, at least not in relation to Jennifer's recovery progress. Apart from a couple of 'quiet' days, when she was no doubt recharging her batteries, she has made small but steady positive steps these past few weeks.

However, and it is a big however, today that has potentially all been put at risk. Following the relaxation of the visiting restrictions about a month or so ago, somebody (they have been identified although it's maybe just as well for their well-being that their identity is not being made public) has been lazy/selfish and probably not done the still required pre-visit lateral flow test resulting in a Covid outbreak within the Stroke Unit.

There is one patient as a confirmed case and several others feeling unwell and awaiting test results. Fortunately, Jennifer is not one of those affected as all the cases are currently within another side bay at the other end of the unit. The overall outcome, however, is that the entire unit has been put into complete lockdown with only staff members allowed in and out. All patients are confined to the area immediately adjacent to their bed, with no visitors permitted and all therapy sessions cancelled.

I went in this afternoon with some newly-laundered clothes for Jennifer, which a staff member took from me in exchange for the daily bag of soiled clothes, at the outside door to the unit. I also had a bowl of fresh fruit salad and a 'refill' for her chocolate box, both of which I've been taking her every day for several weeks now and which she really looks forward to, but these items were deemed 'prohibited items' under the new infection control measures so I had to bring them home.

So Jennifer is now sitting in virtual isolation, unable to see me or any of her other family and friends occasional visitors, she has no activities to relieve the boredom of ward life and no little home-comfort luxuries to enjoy. This is going to last 10 days, by which time she'll have gone completely stir-crazy and I really fear that this set-back is going to undo completely all the progress that we've achieved to date.

It is possible that the infected person may have been asymptomatic and not known they were infected at all. I have no idea how I caught it and other than muscle aches for a few days, nothing. 

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Coincidentally, they call me Flopsy.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.