Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 153 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The sparrows gang up on me in the garden.  It's quite hurtful.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

16 minutes ago, andydclements said:

@Chillidoggy So  you've also heard that the local wildlife takes the p*** out of him for that?

When you say “local wildlife”, I assume you mean the 2-legged variety who aren’t in the slightest bit choosy?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

6 hours ago, Sparky said:

Coincidentally, they call me Flopsy.

Only the wife does

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

After 5 weeks working 7 days a week I finally got a weekend off and had to spend the days working on my new business I am trying to set up so I can retire early!

Also had 2 of the worst hangovers I've had in ages. MAde it very difficult to concentrate on my stocking lists. Hrumph!

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Decided to SORN my Esprit today having only been taxed a few months. I just wasn't getting the time to work on it or drive it with so much other stuff happening. 

• Sad 2

Signature not working...

23 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Finding out that bees didn't like a battery chainsaw being use approx 10 ft from the hives.

Oh that really doesn't sound good at all!  I did the same thing except it was with a weed whacker & hornets.  I only noticed they were coming out from the ground after I felt the rapid fire burning stings going up and down both legs.  Nothing like hornet venom to spice up your day.  It was only afterwards that I realized that these buggers could kill a man just by their numbers (felt like a machine gun of stingers).  Impressive little buggers. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Had 2 new windows and a door fitted yesterday, one window in bathroom was fitted with clear glass (not what we ordered. but has a nice clear view of the back garden...) and the door with its side panel was fitted with some sort of frosted glass (we ordered plain..) I know they will sort it, but makes you wonder how well they check their orders.

Also found some rotted joist ends by the door when they were fitting it, so something else to have a play with in the next few weeks.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

JENNIFER : LATEST UPDATE

Well, up until a few hours ago, it had been my intention to post on here this evening, in the 'Happy' thread, about all the great progress towards recovery that Jennifer has made these last 4 weeks.

The Covid outbreak I reported in my previous post fortunately didn't impact too much on Jennifer, helped in no small part by the fact that I wasn't, as I feared I would be, prohibited from visiting her. I had, some weeks ago, volunteered my services in providing mealtime assistance to Jennifer. She doesn't need any help in actually getting the food to her mouth, only in reducing the plate's contents to bite-sized morsels as her left hand is still not working sufficiently to allow her to use a knife and a fork at the same time. I was more than happy to do that for her and it freed up a staff member to help somebody else with more pressing needs. I didn't realise it at the time but this subsequently proved to be a stroke of genius when the ward lockdown came into force as I was still permitted to visit - in fact they were so short-staffed and desperate for help on the ward that they were virtually pleading for all the assistance they could get.

My continuing visits helped keep Jennifer's spirits up I'm sure so that once the therapy sessions were able to recommence, it was pretty much a case of picking up from where she'd left off. Physically she's getting a lot better and, with somebody holding her arm for balance, she's now able to walk the best part of 100 yards or so, albeit that it takes her a little while to do but hey, she's on her feet. Not bad for somebody who'd effectively been written-off by the experts only a couple on months back as destined to being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. The psychological effects of this new-found 'freedom' are priceless too.

That's why this evening's revelation is all the harder to stomach. Having enjoyed her surprise birthday party on Thursday (huge thanks to all the ward staff for helping me to organise that), Jennifer started to feel unwell on Friday with a bit of a temperature and stomach cramps. By yesterday, although the abdominal pain had subsided, her temperature had continued to elevate which in turn was causing her to show signs of confusion and mental distress.

During this evening's visit, I was taken aside by the staff nurse and informed that they'd just had some test results back and Jennifer is positive for Covid. This is going to be a huge setback to her recovery as she's now facing the next 7 - 10 days in isolation. I also feel sorry for all the other patients as they are now facing a 'no visitors' ruling until the ward is deep-cleaned and given the all clear.

They've said that I should still be able to visit and provide her mealtime assistance on the basis that I've been in close contact with her all this time so it's not going to make any difference now - I suppose that's something to ease the situation. However, the withdrawal of her access to her various therapy sessions will no doubt have a detrimental effect on her that could take some time to offset.

This is the last thing that Jennifer needed right now, especially after all the 'successes' of recent weeks.

• Gold FFM

Keep your head up David you are doing well and with your visits, although Jennifer's activities may be restricted, we are sure it must help.

• Thanks 1

David you are indeed the trooper for Jennifer.  I'm happy that you were able to fill in for worker's who are obviously struggling with their current workload.  I'm guessing she's got the latest variant since that's the next booster shot that I and everybody out there needs to do their part to eradicate this bastard virus.  It so good to hear all the good things she's accomplished.  Hopefully, this is a set back only and she'll continue to come back from her stroke.

• Like 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not so much 'UNHAPPY' as absolutely apoplectic to the point of having a seizure.

I went to the hospital tonight to do my evening mealtime assist with Jennifer and as I always do when it's after 4pm, I parked round in what's the staff car park during the day as it's a lot quieter there and I can access the Stroke Unit directly rather than having to walk from the other end of the hospital.

I was no sooner in the ward than I heard a sickening crunch from outside. I dived to the window just in time to see a BMW X5 dismount from the front of the Evora, then speed off out of the car park. It had been reverse-parked alongside when I pulled in but there was loads of space, evidenced by the fact that I could get the door of the Evora fully open and still clear the side of the BMW by a good 6 inches or so. However, it would appear that BMW man decided to take a shortcut leaving the space, turned the steering on full lock and drove his nearside rear wheel over the offside front of the Evora rather than going around it.

The angle of my line of sight was such that I couldn't make out the registration number. Similarly, a couple of visitors sitting outside the ward were too far away and at too oblique an angle to catch it although they did confirm my identification of it being a white X5 with black wheels, and no doubt now a bright blue go-faster stripe somewhere along its flanks, :rant:.

I enquired with the hospital about CCTV as there's a camera directly opposite where I was parked but apparently data protection laws prohibit them from releasing any details to anybody other than the police, :censored:. I've reported the incident to the cops but it seems BMW man is given 24 hours to come forward and report it himself before they'll get involved. They've made an 'appointment' to phone me on Saturday night to get all the details from me - fortunately the hospital keeps the CCTV images for a month so hopefully Plod will manage to view them in time.

The guy can be in no doubt as to what he'd done. When I saw it, his back wheel was up at my headlight and his back end bounced like it was on a trampoline when he came back to the ground. I just pray that they find him and that he's well insured as although my cover allows for my car to be modified, it doesn't actually cover the modifications themselves so if he goes untraced my options will be limited to claiming from my policy and having the car repaired to OE specification, or paying for the modified panels out of my own pocket.

347831511_Evoradamage01.thumb.jpg.8f379e70910f60b508c7d10d0355cc3b.jpg

1988665203_Evoradamage02.thumb.jpg.a1dbe9a4f48eb4891269a029a278e02c.jpg

599435356_Evoradamage03.thumb.jpg.ff2e233cb93a0fdf5f579041b8eb43e1.jpg

743184956_Evoradamage04.thumb.jpg.2413c7138f67ba70cd725039bc774ad2.jpg

2013362249_Evoradamage06.thumb.jpg.559a9c2ffaedfd326bfe48a195443d4f.jpg

207336093_Evoradamage05.thumb.jpg.d5a90b7aac93eaa5531c4813dff745b1.jpg

1472410758_Evoradamage07.thumb.jpg.e41aca7b9799438500f4fff9b0cdb01d.jpg

• Sad 6

Really sad to see the damage, also seeing that you were there for the best of reasons. Was it a man or woman, my first thought it was probably a woman - my mother would just carry on when she hit her car against door posts.

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Was it a man or woman...........

I think a man, although it was hard to see through the 'gangsta' tints on all the windows.

Absolute F**kstick in the X5.  An X5 can cost a decent sum.  Unless it's a drug dealer, I thinking it was a female.

If I'd hit any vehicle of significant cash, first of all I'd feel awful.  But most of all I would attempt to find the owner and hope he understands that it was an accident and not deliberate.  

My brother's 90 Esprit was hit it in a parking lot at a grocery store.  The woman that hit him told her insurance it was a little "yellow" car.  When she finally mentioned it was a Lotus, her insurance agent said "Oh, that's gonna be a lot to fix".  Cost $10,000 US dollars to replace the entire rear bumper and respray twice.  In 1990 Yellow was a custom color, so they sprayed the wrong yellow first.  The bumper had to be custom fabricated since there were no Lotus parts available.  Took several months to get his car back.

• Sad 1