Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 158 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, Bibs said:

They said it's because the business is registered at my accountants address. Took some to-ing and fro-ing but all done now gladly. 

Imagine how many letters the accountants are getting! (Clue- loads!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It looks like the ICO is gradually getting through all the Limited Companies that have not either registered or informed the Commissioner that there is no fee to pay.

So, 100% of Limited Companies.

I get 4 or 5 a week, then have to explain to clients that it is not a scam (well, not a criminal one - OK not an illegal one) and that they have to do it to avoid getting into more trouble.

Takes up a lot of my time that the client is not going to pay for!

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas songs... I've become a grumpy old barsteward. 😞

My other halve has been playing a CD of christmas songs (in French!) all morning. I started the day with a nice dose of Overkill by Lemmy & C°, but the effect has already worn of. I'm actually cringing and feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

I need to find a good project as an excuse to spend time in the Workshop during the holidays. Something not too complicated, that requires hard work and will give clear results. Like the clutch job on the Land Rover last year.
Maybe do the timing belts on the V8 and mate the box to the engine, so I can start thinking of putting in into the car next year. Or finishing the Range Rover project, but that will be very fiddly for little obvious results (which is why I keep putting it of...).

/rant

• Haha 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

First of all, Alan I'm sorry this After Eight incident happened.  I truly hope your puppy will be okay.  Please update us on your puppy if possible.

For future issues with dogs eating objects, foods or toxic foods that won't pass through their digestive system...get hydrogen peroxide down their throat thru any means necessary.  Continue with the hydrogen peroxide until the dog throws up the item or food ingested. 

It's not easy getting it down and it requires a bit of force to hold the mouth closed to ensure they swallow the hydrogen peroxide.

Of course, smaller dogs require less Hydrogen Peroxide than their larger counterparts.  

I've done this before but you need to do this within 30 minutes for best results.  Sometimes you can't get to a vet fast enough.  This also avoids surgery, but you should still take your pet to the vet to be certain.  It's amazing how these things occur on a weekend!  Of course, the emergency vet is typically more money (your dog is worth it).  

Remember:  this is for emergencies only when you have no other choices.

Why do I know this?  I'm an experienced dog breeder with 20 years behind me and I've seen a lot of medical issues.  However, I am NOT a Vet or Vet tech, so please bear that in mind.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

5 hours ago, windymiller said:

she is fine !!! but vet bill was £440 😔 just hope her insurance will cover it !!!

Excellent news Alan!  Glad she's okay.

Pet insurance usually covers emergencies, but there is a deductible which can vary from X to Y range depending upon their coverage.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Finished all that bloody work, just about on schedule yesterday, for a loooong Christmas break.  Now running a fever and feeling like crap.  Dammit.

• Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

23 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Finished all that bloody work, just about on schedule yesterday, for a loooong Christmas break.  Now running a fever and feeling like crap.  Dammit.

Sorry to hear.  I get a Covid test Sunday in preparation for surgery Wednesday.  But being sick sometimes sucks even more than surgery.  Hope you get better.

• Like 1

Fun wasn't it. I just popped back to work in Maidstone for 4 days. Tomorrow will be cancelled and have to do Friday instead.

20221211_203149~2.jpg