Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 162 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just popped to B&Q to get a new light bulb for my driveway lights.  What a fookin' palaver it is these days. Before, simples - is it screw or bayonet. What wattage.

Now, well flog me with a pair of suspenders but talk about complicated - lumens, warm white, soft white, bright white, this hertz, that figure, this figure. You need a bloody PHD to match the new bulb to the old bulb.

Fookin' EU and their stupid labelling systems. I just want a fookin' bulb, screw, 40watts. End of.  Arghhhhh..........................................

image.jpeg.5f9f93efecbd9cc4fb7c1302c497a686.jpeg

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

It's the same in USA.  They've done it to shampoo as well.   Just needed shampoo for oily hair.   Apparently that doesn't exist anymore. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just popped to B&Q to get a new light bulb for my driveway lights.  What a fookin' palaver it is these days. Before, simples - is it screw or bayonet. What wattage.

Now, well flog me with a pair of suspenders but talk about complicated - lumens, warm white, soft white, bright white, this hertz, that figure, this figure. You need a bloody PHD to match the new bulb to the old bulb.

Fookin' EU and their stupid labelling systems. I just want a fookin' bulb, screw, 40watts. End of.  Arghhhhh..........................................

image.jpeg.5f9f93efecbd9cc4fb7c1302c497a686.jpeg

Yeah, but we’re not in the EU!

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, bogle said:

It's the same in USA.  They've done it to shampoo as well.   Just needed shampoo for oily hair.   Apparently that doesn't exist anymore. 

Back when I had hair and it was off to a bloody forthright ex-Brit hairdresser's for a cropping I was told that shampoo is soap, plain and simple. Message was don't waste your money.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Yeah, but we’re not in the EU!

Yeah, but they made all the bloody changes...  

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

.....You should be praising the EU for introducing such regulations, they save you money by using less power!

Of course they have. The other day, I went looking for a replacement bulb for our outdoor security lights. They're no longer available (banned by Brussels, surprise, surprise) and nobody makes any 'modern' versions in that fitting either. So it's put up with a missing light for now or replace the whole lot. Just to add to the task, the control unit I currently use won't work with today's bulbs so it'll need replacing too. Total cost of the bits for me to do a DIY install? A mere £500 or so! Saving me money? Aye, right - I'll be dead, buried and forgotten by the time enough electricity is saved to recoup that outlay, :rolleyes: :angry:.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM
On 04/02/2023 at 15:42, C8RKH said:

Of course you are forgetting to specify which size Edison screw you are seeking…. 40w 😳 - that’s why the EU changed the rules - that’s enough to feed a family of 3 for a week. You now need lower wattage LED - made in China from materials mined in Cambodia by 8 year old children.

Only here once

1 hour ago, Alfa2Evora said:

When engaged in this practice, I trust that you're adhering strictly to the Total Allowable Catch quotas as stipulated in Regulation (EU) No 1380/2013 of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) 2023/194? :P

So for the sake of Clarification, thats free fishing for The French and Spanish in our waters but just enough to feed a family of 3 for a week for our boats.

My "What made me unhappy" is this.

Dear Mr Kimberley, your new car has arrived, unfortunately the one brain celled numbskull driving the transporter decided to drive it out before raising the upper level.

image.jpeg

• Sad 3

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

@Kimbers

Re the fish - that's about it in a nutshell and, as alluded to above by Barry, the family of 3 can use the electricity saved by not having an energy-hungry 40W bulb to cook their single sardine allocation.

Re the delivery of your car - all I can say is:

525345067_captainbertorelli.jpg.a2d4aebdd20e17271e03f19d8bd9ba2f.jpg

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

So for the sake of Clarification, thats free fishing for The French and Spanish in our waters but just enough to feed a family of 3 for a week for our boats.

My "What made me unhappy" is this.

Dear Mr Kimberley, your new car has arrived, unfortunately the one brain celled numbskull driving the transporter decided to drive it out before raising the upper level.

image.jpeg

Ooof. That hurts. What a pillock!

Shock news. Man who raped woman decides to now identify as a woman so he can go to a womens prison and share the showers.

His wife thinks he's at it and states he never mentioned anything about it whilst with her. 

First Minister thinks he might be trying it on. 

Well, at least we found the sharpest tool in the bag.

38 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Shock news. Man who raped woman decides to now identify as a woman so he can go to a womens prison and share the showers.

His wife thinks he's at it and states he never mentioned anything about it whilst with her. 

First Minister thinks he might be trying it on. 

Well, at least we found the sharpest tool in the bag.

"Sure you can identify as a woman, just as long as you lose the Penis". That might stop it and, lets face it, if the genuinely want to identify as a woman then why would they not want to lose the Penis?

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

The funniest thing is the Sturgeon administration is bumbling around in this complete mess. The Guy/Girl/pronoun is having a laugh at everyone’s expense.

Only here once

We have had our 3rd person to muck us around on our Beef sales since just before Christmas, this brings us to over £1300.00 of lost income. At least the first two just just mucked us around having ordered the beef and then not wanting to pay for it when it was time to deliver. This latest one really grates though, she took the beef and then never paid for it and now claims she can't afford to pay when chased - FFS you know when you buy something whether you can afford it but not her - she wants the finest Organic Beef free. If you can't afford it buy cheaper food - there is plenty out there, to me this is theft.

I am really sick of people at the moment.

Rant over!

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Just sayin', but they should be paying before delivery at the point of ordering. If you want a hand setting up an online shop or anything, please ask and I'd be happy to help. 

Thanks Bibs but the problem we have is we sell by the quarter or 1/8 so we do not know the exact weight / price until we pick up the meat from the butchers so an online shop would not really work for us. We also have to pick up the meat direct from the butcher and deliver as well as we do not have the buildings and government certification to handle meat beyond that (it is just not worth the cost and hassle to us). Normally if we do not know people we take cash or bank transfer before handing meat over unless we know the people (Carina new this person) which does not stop people making orders and then changing their mind - I think the first person to muck us about was probably just out to cause trouble (probably a Vegan).

We are going to have a think about how our small farm operates going forward. We have been cutting everything back on the farm as it is to get through the current financial climate and these type of customers really do not help.

On a general note - Have people become more selfish since the start of Covid. It does seem to me that more and more people think the world revolves around themselves, certainly around here. Peoples driving seems a lot more aggressive, if something happens it's someone else fault, if they want something they are going to have it and not worry about can they afford it, etc... just general people seem to be more sh1tty these days.

Oh and here's one for @Barrykearley - is there someway of reporting an electrician for unsafe work? We had our main fuse box upgraded (that had never gone wrong) under our electricians insistence, since then the fuse box has gone up in smoke (loose, not screwed in Neutral's) and two of our ring mains are no longer ring mains and are connected to one trip rather than the original 2 they were connected to. And he will not even answer our requests to put it right.

Edited by march
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, march said:

We have had our 3rd person to muck us around on our Beef sales since just before Christmas, this brings us to over £1300.00 of lost income. At least the first two just just mucked us around having ordered the beef and then not wanting to pay for it when it was time to deliver. This latest one really grates though, she took the beef and then never paid for it and now claims she can't afford to pay when chased - FFS you know when you buy something whether you can afford it but not her - she wants the finest Organic Beef free. If you can't afford it buy cheaper food - there is plenty out there, to me this is theft.

I am really sick of people at the moment.

Rant over!

Take her to small claims court. She'll pay. I agree, some people are sickening.

• Like 2