Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 143 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

RSPCA just taken two in, in need of a nice new owner...

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

My beloved partner, of nigh-on 30 years, Jennifer suffered what is being described by the medics as a significant stroke in the early hours of this morning.

An ambulance arrived very quickly (full marks to them) and she was in A&E within 25 minutes of it happening, which I'm told makes a big difference to her recovery prospects.

9 hours later, she's still in A&E as there are no beds available in the stroke unit. Due to Covid restrictions, I can't get to see her until she's on a ward. Damn this Covid and damn our underfunded NHS Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

David, very best wishes to Jennifer for a speedy and full recovery.  I'm sure she'll be very well looked after and remember to look after yourself too during this stressful time as she'll need to rely on a healthy you when she comes home bud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

David,

I sincerely hope Jennifer will be okay.  

Do you know if the paramedics were able to inject a tPA shot in her arm?  A Tissue Plasmogen Activator injection helps to restore blood flow to the brain, but there are specific requirements and time constraints for it to be effective.  A former co-worker had a stroke in the middle of the night (fell out of bed), but then went back to back to bed.  Unfortunately, he missed the time window for the tPA injection. 

Please hang in there David.  We all know this is difficult and thank you for sharing with us.

Bill

• Like 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Stay strong and focussed - let them Doctors work their magic. Fingers crossed we see a good news post soon ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Just after midnight, I got the dreaded "We think you should come" phone call.

Jennifer was very poorly, having started to vomit blood as the blood-thinners had caused a gastric bleed.

They've got it under control for now and she's still hanging in there, but by a thread.

I'm about to leave for this morning's visit - I'm just waiting on them calling me back to confirm what time I can go along, having confirmed my negative Covid lateral flow test.

I'm at my wit's end - Jennifer is my world.

• Sad 10

Best news I've heard in a long time.  I like the she's more argumentative - that's my girl comment.  Very happy for both of you!

• Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.