Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 145 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

at hadleigh im guessing you were on the cusp of the red warning where as us being probably 30 miles further up missed that strength of wind, open fields and an evergreen coupled with strong winds dont go well !! glad nowt was damaged and make sure the moisture content of aforsaid wood  is compliant with eu rules or the wood burner police will be involved lol  

Willow trees were topped off, well ..  halved in height, a few years back so I'm still working my way through that load, along with some big eucalyptus branches that went way too far into the farmer's field. 

'Nowt was damaged' Windy ...  my new fence panels don't look too special..  it missed the pile of old panels so some may go back up until I can get new ones ...  they may be in short supply for a few months.  Today all I could hear were chainsaws going in various directions so I am not only one affected.... and it's UK Govt rules that came in 1/5/2021, not EU, so blame it on Brexit.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

This post is a little late but found out last Thursday that the missus needs a heart transplant as here cardio myopathy condition is deteriorating and affecting blood supply to her organs, lungs, liver, kidneys etc. We are both still in shock. Now just waiting for a face to face consultation with the cardio myopathy professor.

• Sad 13

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

On 20/02/2022 at 03:42, Gjk said:

This post is a little late but found out last Thursday that the missus needs a heart transplant as here cardio myopathy condition is deteriorating and affecting blood supply to her organs, lungs, liver, kidneys etc. We are both still in shock. Now just waiting for a face to face consultation with the cardio myopathy professor.

Ian,

This is truly overwhelming news.  Let us know what the results of your meeting with the professor.  Please stay with us and know that your Lotus Forum's family is here to listen.

Bill

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Thanks, This is what it normally looks like.

Plants looked a bit dry to me. Well watered now though.

Hope all dries out ok for you.

1 minute ago, windymiller said:

2nd 2k vets bill in four months 😔 but chilly is home now and seems to be doing well 😃

I'm no stranger to this type of vet bill, but I'm happy Chilly is back at home for your family.

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Finally arrived at the age I can’t see what I’m reading! 👎

I have worn contact lenses from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed for 36 years now but reading close up isn’t working. Yesterday picked up some new lenses that will last me for probably 2 years but really struggling to read anything close up and my arms aren’t long enough. 

My solution to this problem instead of spending a few hundred on bifocal glasses to ware (never liked ware glasses)

- Fair play to my Optician. He told me to pop next door to the £ shop. I bought 6 pairs of 99p Glasses at my prescription of +2 and have put 3 pairs in different cars and 3 around the house lol. 
Problem solved for less than £6 👍😁

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

@mayevorathats exactly what I do 👍. One pair in each car, 3 pairs scattered around the house and 1 in the garage.

Optician told me the same, Lyon don’t need expensive bi or varifocals, you will always be forgetting where you put them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

Finally arrived at the age I can’t see what I’m reading! 👎

I have worn contact lenses from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed for 36 years now but reading close up isn’t working. Yesterday picked up some new lenses that will last me for probably 2 years but really struggling to read anything close up and my arms aren’t long enough. 

My solution to this problem instead of spending a few hundred on bifocal glasses to ware (never liked ware glasses)

- Fair play to my Optician. He told me to pop next door to the £ shop. I bought 6 pairs of 99p Glasses at my prescription of +2 and have put 3 pairs in different cars and 3 around the house lol. 
Problem solved for less than £6 👍😁

ditto for me and contacts (wife and i work on voice recognition when we havent got lenses in lol) so i now have one contact lense in for reading and one for distance and the brain works out which one to use apparently !!!!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, windymiller said:

so i now have one contact lense in for reading and one for distance and the brain works out which one to use apparently !!!!

I tried that a number of years back and just couldn’t get on with it. I kept thinking a lense had something on it and constantly blinking to clear it - that, and walking into things 😂

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, PaulCP said:

@mayevorathats exactly what I do 👍. One pair in each car, 3 pairs scattered around the house and 1 in the garage.

Optician told me the same, Lyon don’t need expensive bi or varifocals, you will always be forgetting where you put them.

Sorry guys, I'm different from you lot. 4 pairs in the garage (the important place) one in each car, and a couple in the house.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
51 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Sorry guys, I'm different from you lot. 4 pairs in the garage (the important place) one in each car, and a couple in the house.

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like spending on this stuff - I just assumed it was me and my Scottish side coming to the surface. 😂