Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 148 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 minutes ago, pete said:

Never found footman James any good for modern loti

Not tried them for my modern Lotus, as I would be using my normal no claims bonus etc and got it quite cheap at LV. 

2 hours ago, pete said:

Never found footman James any good for modern loti

Sorry to pull you up on a technicality Pete. But the plural of Lotus is Lotus. It's not like octopus to octopi or octopuses etc...

Hethel were even forced to issue a press statement on said subject which you might find interesting?

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/british/psa-apparently-plural-lotus-lotus

Anyway, back on topic, I've found FJ to be good for 30 year old M100's and 13 year old Evora's. It won't stop me having a look around to see if I can better their price though

• Haha 1

This is just my opportunity to vent a bit over a real First World problem for which I have noone to blame but myself.

Went out this morning for the second of my twice-weekly hockey games. All went well until I had to really hustle back to cover on defence, got my skates tangled up, took a fall and bounced my fool head on the ice. Even with a helmet on, four inches of ice on a concrete base is an unforgiving surface to smack one's head on so I now have some concussion symptoms. That is bad enough but I did the same thing in January so two concussions (albeit mild) in a little over two months is something to think about. And I know that I won't get far in this world if I have to rely on my looks or athletic prowess.

My plan has been to keep playing where I am for a couple of more years until I hit 70 and then evaluate whether to quit playing or look for a slower league to play in. Now I'm pissed that I might have put myself in that situation ahead of schedule.

Like I said, just venting.  

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Switch to field hockey - we have an 85 year old in one of our teams. Field Hockey BC | Supporting the growth and development of field hockey in British Columbia :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion, it's not a bad idea. On the other hand, I tend to put myself in situations where my enthusiasm  exceeds my skill level so I would probably find a way to half-kill myself anyway. 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM
On 17/03/2022 at 11:55, bogle said:

.........They are destroying the house (flat) now.  Some furniture wont survive as well as shoes, carpets, etc..........

I'll see your house contents and raise you the fabric of the house itself - fortunately our youngster has now outgrown this trend, :o.

150067198_Charis04.thumb.jpg.d6d1a56419842bbb192f4c21e3439480.jpg

10 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I'll see your house contents and raise you the fabric of the house itself - fortunately our youngster has now outgrown this trend, :o.

150067198_Charis04.thumb.jpg.d6d1a56419842bbb192f4c21e3439480.jpg

Alright, I fold.  I only had a pair.  You have the full (semi-full) house.

• Haha 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh wifey just home bmw coolanty light and battery came on about a 1/4 mile from home, when i lifted bonnet auxillary belt has jumped off and water evident 😔 thrown a water pump ?? 😔

now seems lots of play in the aircon pulley and thats been playing up so suspect thats fooked

• Gold FFM

Constantly being reminded that my McAfee anti virus software has expired, except I don't have it and that I am apparently rich due to all of this money being deposited into some account that I have never opened.

• Sad 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Didn't get the emails then @windymiller? :)

I can forward some of the ones I get to you if you'd like?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I wonder if gmail has an autoforward function or rule that I can set up? <snicker>

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Well my MacAfee virus protection has been cancelled no fewer than 6 times per day, for the last several days. That and I have 23 viruses apparently.

That, and some scantily clad 'lady' in California wants me drop in.

can’t say this was my unhappy event but certainly felt some sympathy for the car… oh yes and it’s driver 🥲

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-60958879

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

No sympathy from me.  Yet again proof that being able to buy a high performance car does not mean competence to drive one. The location on Google Maps can be seen to be a 40mph speed limit so it's a good job he found out early and didn't involve anybody else in his accident.

It's idiots like that who make insurance of high performance cars expensive for all of us, when it should be cheaper. A car that can overtake quicker, brake quicker and swerve to avoid accidents without loss of control SHOULD be less likely to be involved in an accident so premiums should be less. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Those guard rails do a rather poor job, hardly worth then being there.