free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 100 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Bloody amateur electricians 

IMG-20200723-WA0003.thumb.jpg.8f0bc15c3734f947339caf940a668091.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. great job. You tipped the room 90 deg and emptied the crap out the windows?

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

Posted Images

Perhaps they hears someone say stair string and thought their wires would help? :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, pete said:

Oh my [email protected]@@@@G god.  You have to be kidding with this right? I'd be straight on to the federation, trading standards and health and safety and have the bastards in court, then hung, drawn and quartered. That is beyond Shocking.

But then I guess you are in Essex.

5 minutes ago, Francisco Franco said:

They were rough...... but bloody cheap!!!!!

You've met my previous girlfriends then? ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

You think that's bad - we have literally just found the main telephone line for us and the local farms with a mini digger - It was next to the house and less than two inches under the surface and only intermittently in ducting.

When my house was being stripped after last years flooding we found wiring for lights buried in the wallpaper and other such gems as these...

20191210_090533.jpg

20191210_090519.jpg

20191210_090528.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

@Chillidoggy we wouldn’t have bothered with all that chasing we would have laid it on top of the carpet so you could see it and step over it! 

I was talking to our NICEIC inspector a few years ago, he is a top chap unlike others we have had. Anyway I asked what was the worse thing he had ever seen. Well, and I am not making this up and I don’t think he was, he said a women had, had a double socket outlet installed inside a shower so she could lean out pick up her hairdryer and dry her hair in the there 😂😂

when I tested my house when we moved in I found 3 sockets has been wired in speaker cable! Speaker cable is cheap so we now only use that for everything 

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM
20 hours ago, pete said:

Frankly - all of that looks like Data, telephone or cctv cabling. Enough said really. 

Only here once

I know the reason for such "ingenuity" of that wiring - at the top of the stairs will be two floor beams butted together that would need to be drilled for the cables to go through to be under the floor boards. I know because I had to do it! An impressive auger drill bit and a burnt out drill clutch later I got through the joists (permissible hole size for joist size and centred too ;) ).

@pete, if you are going to make this right and plan to run the cables under the floor and need to cut holes in your floor, don't do the usual "drill a hole and jigsaw out a square and batten later" routine, it never sits flush again and the pieces move after being walked on! I found out about Routabout and it was a total godsend:

Routabout, Underfloor Access

I could write a book with all the bodge jobs we've found in the house we moved in to last year.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

IMG-20200723-WA0002.thumb.jpg.9c36ea0ccb6e88459a1b7c55666e60e5.jpg the full picture

• Gold FFM

At least his chases are straight, if you can find him @pete his got a job here anytime no interview require, start Monday ? 

• Gold FFM

That’s a thing of utter beauty 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Oh my gosh - I simply cannot believe that they have done that. The BBC have managed to find new lows since the death of their mate Jimmy Saville

Only here once

• Gold FFM

To be fair, the advert for Micky D or KFC is nothing at all to do with the BBC.

Re the same sex kiss, it's just PC gone mad. I also read several stories on the BBC website about people complaining they had sex change therapy, that despite them demanding, they are now saying they should not have received as they were too young and as a result they want to sue the NHS for "doing it to them".  FFS - the UK really is going nuts.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

And now a a convicted Nigerian fraudster who was deported is being brought back to Britain on the orders of a judge as he had a right to have his appeal heard here. He claims he will be persecuted in Nigeria because he was bisexual

• Sad 1

Seriously, I would pay aliens to abduct me right now.

• Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

have to be a trans alien though

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Sparky said:

Seriously, I would pay aliens to abduct me right now.

I'll start a crowdfunder!

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I washed my car Saturday evening (well, I'm that old the only clubbing I'll now ever do is with seals out on the ice - a free drink at the TLF Christmas do to the person who identifies the band from the eighties from that clue!) and by 2045 was all done and she sparkled.

Thought to self - hmmm, if I put her in the garage now she'll only go and seize on her brake discs. So, man brain says  -take her for a quick spin to warm and dry the brakes then get her tucked up in the garage. So popped head into the living room and told the boss was just going for a quick spurt to dry the brakes.

2 hours and the best part of 140 miles later she's safely tucked up in the garage and the brakes are nice and warm and dry.

Well bugger me, go into the garage Sunday morning and some absolute mother "whatever" has only obviously broken in and thrown dirt all down the sides and all over the rear bumper of my beloved Evora!

Not happy. She needed another wash Sunday morning. And a quick drive to dry the brakes.... :whistle:

Just had the quote for re-roofing the house - £32,000.00 and that's not the most expensive quote we have had 😖. Unfortunately it's not something we can leave since the amount of damage last winters storms caused.

• Sad 1