free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 106 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Wrong. Country lane blind corner 

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. great job. You tipped the room 90 deg and emptied the crap out the windows?

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

So who was driving too fast or too far over on the wrong side of the road? Otherwise, there should have been time.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I find in emails it is safer to refer to people as "You", "It", "Muppet" or "fcukwit". That way HR cannot get you for sexual discrimination / bias.   :rofl:

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

9:30 - Just cut out on me, no spark whatsoever.

y4mDYD0U2MeXL3hNo7aQmwH6MIsf-bwv9Xg-otc1

RAC man came out, and it started first time. However, 200 yds down the road, cut out again.

On it's way to Gerald 5 1/2 hours

y4mJLve78U1R3rP_18BOxB4jbqqrY4qaVDKvE_C6

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Just cut out on me, no spark whatsoever

Sounds like my first wife, though she wasn't as good looking as an Elite.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Come to think of it I think that's why the spark went, I called her the wrong name too! :)

I was close, but obviously no cigar.

Ignition amplifier ( AB14)  failure or break in the wiring inside  the distributor. Had the same on my Excel se and my esprrit n/a ( same engine) before I fitted mapped ignition. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, RobinB5 said:

Sorry, a bit of a puerile post, but he was a massive twat. 

I do drone on about Audi drivers but there is a reason for that. Yes, not all Audi drivers are complete [email protected]@ts but by god a percentage of them are. A small number of them are really nice people, but let's be honest, the majority of them drive an Audi because they think it makes them special. To me, it just says I'm a [email protected]@king idiot as I could have got basically the same car with a Skoda badge for 25% less (RS and R8 owners obviously need not apply!)

You have my sympathies Robin but these [email protected]@ts will always behave like entitles muppets who think every one else is just there to get in their way.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@RobinB5insincerely doubt the Audi will make its way into a garage because even if they have one it’ll be full of disused exercise equipment.

@C8RKH and the Skoda driver could have got essentially the same, but nicer looking car for even less with a Seat badge on it. I honestly do not understand how they can sell up the VAG range with the price differentials that are there when the second best looking and best equipped version of the 4 is the cheapest. 

• Like 2

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

On 14/08/2020 at 21:03, pete said:

Wrong. Country lane blind corner 

Just seen this after our chat today.

i assumed you were in the lotus. 
looks totalled to me.

i will be calling tomorrow for sure. 
Michelle sends love x

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

still waiting for the trimmer to finish my retrim........

having been told it was 'almost there'..........Ive not seen it since lock down and am getting a little....mmm...well......just a little :ermm:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Well if you are going to scrape your wheels, better do it properly and do the whole rim. 🥴👎

Eurotunnel is narrow.

7CF0EAD6-5C46-43C3-A8FE-0F6E029173D2.jpeg

• Sad 3

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Ouch!

Always book the high vehicle carriages on Eurotunnel (they are wider). It was a Eurotunnel employee who told me to do this on my first trip with the Evora as he directed me in that direction when boarding.

They don’t charge any extra and and it’s always amusing to see others pointing their finger & laughing at you when they think you’ve taken the wrong lane after check in 😎

• Like 2

@PaulCP Yeah agree. I did actually when I booked it and they put me in that cue and train on the way out but didn’t on the way back. It was also the mate I went with who happened to be in the drivers seat at the time so he feels guilty. I probably should have moaned at Eurotunnel staff at the time for not putting us on correct carriage to maybe get some monetary compensation towards fixing. Only a rim but still annoying.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I’ve had 2 encounters with Eurotunnel staff in the past 3 years.

One was when I was in the Evora at the French end when I was blocked from going to the high vehicle lane by a member of staff who tried to direct me to the normal car lane. I just told him “no way” & pointed to the high vehicle sign on the window hangar. He asked “why?” & I just told him to check his company’s policy on the type of car.

The other time I was in the Lexus RX when they pointed me to use the upper deck. I just said “nope” When they got insistent I told them that “it’s impossible to see the corner markers at the top of the ramp in this car so if I go up there and the car gets damaged you will be responsible when I claim against your employer.” He then backed down & waved me through to the lower deck.

• Like 1