free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 109 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. great job. You tipped the room 90 deg and emptied the crap out the windows?

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Seeing yet another pathetic excuse for a member of the shadow cabinet in action today in Parliament made me unhappy today. As far as I could see the only "SCUM" in the house today was Angela.  What on earth has happened to the Labour party? A party that was once the proud champion of the working person has declined into the party of the wannabe celebrity.

I was born in the 60's in Liverpool. Lived through the good and the bad times since and for the first 40 years or so of my life was an avid Labour supporter but did have a little thing for Maggie as she had the guts to do some things that needed to be done - such a shame she tried to hang on for that 3rd term. It ruined her and her legacy. Blair made the same mistake. 

I could handle new Labour. Their first 7 years or so were OK. But then it all started to implode and hasn't been the same since and I now find myself in a position were I could never countenance voting for Labour!  Even when not in power, when you see the positioning of people like Ed Milliband, and that self publicist Andy "fooking useless but look at me" Burnham, and don't even get me started on the complete idjeet and total waste of oxygen that is the clown Ed Balls.  It's like the party has been taken over by a race of thick and stupid aliens from the planet "Dipshit".  I'm struggling to find even one of them I could vote for! It breaks my heart that the party of the people has sunk so low with such a talentless bunch posturing for position and power.

Hey ho. A glass of red and no doubt all will be ok again.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Politics is deeply broken. 
The tories represents what they always do.

The Labour Party - well they are supposed to represent the working classes. Sadly all they seem to represent is the “most vulnerable” or AKA the benefits scrounging class.

I really do pity the future generations in having to sort this mess out

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I tend to look at is as they are equally shit, but the Tories understand that money doesn’t grow on trees and therefore will do it cheaper and not bankrupt the country. 

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm struggling to find even one of them I could vote for! It breaks my heart that the party of the people has sunk so low with such a talentless bunch posturing for position and power.

Diane Abbott? 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

The Labour Party - well they are supposed to represent the working classes. Sadly all they seem to represent is themselves and they are worse than the scrounging class.

FTFY

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

During Prime Minister's Question Time, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer criticised Mr Johnson for not being able to "find" £5m, adding "stop bargaining with people's lives".

What must he think then of the King of the North bargaining with peoples lives by stonewalling for 10 days+

There was also a report in which the MP for Wigan accused the Tories of “being their usual vindictive selves towards the North whilst protecting the South” and “driving the North/South divide”

On the latter point, wtf did she think her statement was doing then?

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP I do despair at the presenters/reporters and so called journalists. My understanding is that the £60m the government offered Mr. Burnham was the same amount (per citizen) as Liverpool and the other areas were offered. So why not ask the tough question of Mr. Burnham and ask "Mr. Burnham, it would seem the £60m offered is absolutely in line, based on value per citizen, with the "deals" provided to Liverpool and other places in the same position. Can you explain why you think Manchester should be given a better settlement to anyone else?"

Not a hard question for an investigative journalist with half a brain to investigate and position.  It would be great watching Mr. Burnham squirm trying to come up on the spot with an answer to that that ended with "and of course the Government is just shafting the North again!".

I guess my point is that if our so called free press and journalists actually applied themselves to asking the real hard questions, as opposed to just trying to embarrass a Tory government (any Tory government) they don't like. It would suck the air out of the lungs of the Rayners, Burnhams, Starmers and Millibands and may actually INFORM the public a little better with facts etc.

Anyone remember what Starmer said when he won and became leader of the losing party?  "time for a new type of politics, not adversarial, work together with Government etc...  Really did not last long did it? Yet more bullshit out of the arse of a mouth of a politician.

• Like 2

@C8RKHThe look on Burnham’s  face last night when he thought the £60m was off the table & all he was getting was the £22m was priceless, almost a “oh sh!t, I’ve fcuked up”

As a northerner myself (wife also) I also despair of the brainwashed attitude of some of those MPs. I spoke to my sister today and Sue spoke to her parents who all live in South Yorkshire and it was interesting to hear their thoughts on why cases in the area have risen. I won’t repeat them on here though!

It just shows how the standard of politics in this country has declined when MPs, Mayors etc are happy to play politics with peoples lives for their own gratification. I’m afraid constructive is not a word that any of them have heard of

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I’ve never looked at this thread before, so thought it high time I told you what really makes me unhappy everyday.

Leggings.
Saggy, baggy, ugly leggings.

Why do women still wear them?

You are being incredibly sexist with that comment and post.

I've friggin' seen MEN wear leggings!  No. No. No. No. It's just not a good look on anyone.

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

• Gold FFM

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

That in a nutshell is why they wear them. A competition between all young woman (discount strange men and those who are obese) to see who can wear the tightest. :)

• Sad 1
  • Gold FFM

Oh yes, makes their legs look like a couple of miss-shaped sausages out of the machine!

However we could take the conversation to a whole new level and talk about extremely unfit people who eat doughnuts and see fit to go out fully attired in "fitness wear" to go shopping. FFS, really?  If you've got all the gear then get your fat arse to the gym instead of to the Krispy Kreme counter!

(oh, and I'm very much on the big boned side myself - which is why I don't wear tracksuits, leotards or leggings!) so know a little bit (well, OK a large bit) about this - I'm not some skinny little shit fat shaming :)

I suppose this is very un-PC of me. Sorry about that. For the record I have nothing against fat people. Indeed. I am one myself!

Not enough Lego.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

After this 6 pack @Sparky will be legolass!

image.jpeg.9c6786b923b0bbb0a20436c7b171d5a9.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

That in a nutshell is why they wear them. A competition between all young woman (discount strange men and those who are obese) to see who can wear the tightest. :)

Umm hang on - I rather recall some beautiful sights at Brands 

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Watching Porridge. Before the episode a warning is announced. “warning this programme contains outdated language”. Forkandles, it’s only a matter of time before these classic comedies are banned altogether :(

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

There’s a channel on sky/digital “Forces TV” which is full of 70’s & 80’s sitcoms & series.
Most of the time it’s better than the prime channel’s current offerings (IMO) but every episode of whatever is preceded by the words “this programme contains 70’s & 80’s adult humour of the time” They even bring this up before the start of Dempsey & Makepiece🙄

There’s no bad language just innuendo & decent humour. What a refreshing change to the PC crap we have today.

All I can say is 70 & 80’s humour, ‘bring it on!”

With all the uncertaincy over lockdown and the fact both my Garage and my Mother in Laws are full of stuff, I have taken the decision to Store my car in a temp controlled lockup and SORN it till Spring. It's not too bad cost wise but I just won't use it during lockdown and then the weather may be shitty. Sad really as she is running sweet as!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Conversely, I plan to continue using my car and have locked up the Mother-In-Law for the winter.

IF.I had one of the many Lotus in my storage unit actually running and on the road, and had a mother in law. I would be doing the same.

Rock On.

• Like 2

Watched Atomic Blonde on C4 last night (again) and the bastards cut the clip of Charleze Theron in the girl on girl clip......Utter bastards😂

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment