free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 128 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Give these a try, they're usually very good! 

http://www.modern-screws.co.uk/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You could try tridentracing.co.uk they might be able to help, they are a supplier to Motorsport teams and clubmen racers etc. Usually very helpful based by the main entrance to Silverstone last time I used them but have possibly moved to a new unit

Edited by eclat22
Added info

53 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

We've got 8 on the shelf...

Dave

Thanks Dave. However, look what the cat dragged in. BMW partnr. 31517589001, even the local BMW had to special order more  Soof them as there was only 1 on stock in the Netherlands! had to hold on to them Dave, these are made from unobtainium. Many thanks all for the thinking along. 

IMG_2937.JPG

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Auction today for a 4 acre plot with a nice brick stable block on it. Local to me and guided at £80-£100k. 
it looked great for us with some future potential. We ducked out at £150K and it hammmered down at £186K - I was absolutely stunned at that 🤪

Only here once

• Gold FFM

4 acre plot with a stable for 180k. Cheap as chips. That would be a lot more up this way. That's 12 good sized plots at 90k plus each

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

4 acre plot with a stable for 180k. Cheap as chips. That would be a lot more up this way. That's 12 good sized plots at 90k plus each

12?  More like 16 plots each one a 0.25 of an acre for that price surely.  That's still bigger than the 0.1 seeming acre you get with big new build houses these days. Some of them around us are being built and marketed as Exec Detached houses and their "back garden" is the same size as my Decking area outside the kitchen! 

Ooooof, I was brought up on a council housing estate which I have no issues with, but given our back garden was little more than 12x12 I always said I'd not live on another scheme (council or private) again. But then, people seem to like to be close to other people. Me, I like the fact I can go all week without speaking to, sometimes even seeing, a neighbour (they probably love it too to be honest).

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Can you decide how many plots you could divide a land into? Plus, is it allowed to build anything on that land? Here in France you have some land you are allowed to build a house on, and land where you are not. Of course the land price is not the same.

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Giniw said:

Can you decide how many plots you could divide a land into? Plus, is it allowed to build anything on that land? Here in France you have some land you are allowed to build a house on, and land where you are not. Of course the land price is not the same.

If you want to split it into "plots" then you need to create a plan which will need to go the planning department for approval etc. And yes, in the UK technically there are areas you can, and cannot, build.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

It’s really not - that’s gone for a very high price indeed. It’s in open countryside with a real uphill battle to gain any form of building consent. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I’ll keep my eyes open for the next application on the site chap. Onwards and upwards 👍 just awaiting architects drawings and our next project can be applied for.

That’s a whole heap of cash they have tied up on that site though - on a bit of a punt. If they need to sell that on again after the covid boom it could be tricky

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

If they need to sell that on again after the covid boom it could be tricky

I agree fully Barry and just having a larf as you know.  I also agree re prices just now - land, houses and 2nd cars. It all seems to have gone nuts.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I agree fully Barry and just having a larf as you know.  I also agree re prices just now - land, houses and 2nd cars. It all seems to have gone nuts.  

Well. LotusRescue picked up a bargain today. All to be revealed on what made you happy/LotusRescue pages.

And no, it's not another car. Unless of course you know of one as a project. :)

• Love 1

• Gold FFM
On 29/07/2021 at 13:10, Giniw said:

This picture shows my point re 16 houses etc and how planning has changed as this islandf has become over crowded. This is from a "small" development over the river from us in a small village. You can see that in the space of an "existing house plot" the planners have allowed builders to put in 6 new houses!!! (numbers 127-132).  Some of them have gardens that are smaller than my garage!  So if you can get planning permission, you can see how much "profit" there is to be made by building. It's obscene to be honest.

image.png.89fef1162147d2112cf42c0c709d7697.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it's about the same here: if you know the local mayor well enough, the agricultural land you just bought a couple of month ago may suddenly be transformed into a buildable land ...

The Farm water supply (bore hole) packed in last night, so no water at all on the farm. Rang the emergency number only to be told by the guy that 'we are all on holiday' - These guys look after the system and and they sold there services as having emergency call out whenever needed. FFS this is not a one man band and a water supply is not a nice to have thing, what an absolute shower (excuse the pun). Still awaiting options from them, not good.

Have just bought up most of Tesco's large water bottles

Tourists..... yesterday the traffic from Tedburn into Exeter was very slow for around 4-5 hours, parts of Exeter ground to a halt. And this morning traffic slow/stationary from Exeter westwards, and also queuing on the old A30 at the bottom of our driveway. Feel trapped at home from Friday to Monday. I expect by lunchtime today the queues will reform going back towards  Exeter and the M5/services.    

03_20210731_093445.bmp

• Sad 1