free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 129 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, march said:

The Farm water supply (bore hole) packed in last night, so no water at all on the farm. Rang the emergency number only to be told by the guy that 'we are all on holiday' - These guys look after the system and and they sold there services as having emergency call out whenever needed. FFS this is not a one man band and a water supply is not a nice to have thing, what an absolute shower (excuse the pun). Still awaiting options from them, not good.

Have just bought up most of Tesco's large water bottles

Happy to try and assist over video if that’s any use.

• Like 2

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Just now, Barrykearley said:

Happy to try and assist over video if that’s any use.

Thanks Barry, your offer is appreciated. The whole system needs replacing. I had arranged to have it changed but their engineer when he came stated we didn't need to as it was just the start capacitor so I followed his advice (silly me). The next problem is going to be to get the new pumps, they have them in stock but it's just a matter of getting it here - the A30 was gridlocked with Caravans at 0800 this morning when returning from the water run - and I suspect it's only going to get worse this weekend.

Just had a phone call - they are coming with new pumps Monday morning, we should be able to survive until then, we have on old well feeding 2 fields (Cows now moved and well pump working fortunately).

One upside - it's Gin all the way until Monday.

WP_20210731_10_07_27_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Tourists..... yesterday the traffic from Tedburn into Exeter was very slow for around 4-5 hours, parts of Exeter ground to a halt. And this morning traffic slow/stationary from Exeter westwards, and also queuing on the old A30 at the bottom of our driveway. Feel trapped at home from Friday to Monday. I expect by lunchtime today the queues will reform going back towards  Exeter and the M5/services.

Yes I suspect Devon will be a bit of no go area for locals this weekend.

Great looking cars and they do make a lovely noise! The carbon seats are stunning too if it has them. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Great looking cars and they do make a lovely noise! The carbon seats are stunning too if it has them. 

I hope it doesn't have, them I would feel even worse. It only has 28k miles and Alfa replaced the engine (complete with all ancillaries!) FOC last year due to a catastrophic failure they accepted responsibility for and it has over a year of warranty on that remaining, my buddy was going to let it go for the trade value of £36,500 but I failed to get permission for another 'fun' car at such short notice. 😞 

I guess 'it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission' was too high risk in this instance :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I'd have just bought it and told whomever you need permission from to shut up. Not in to this "democracy" ideal when it comes to things I want. 

Car looks superb too. Would have been a nice additional on your drive.

Unlike a wife, a car never has a headache. Never sulks. Doesn't care if you don't pay it any attention for a few days. Is always ready to play when you are. If only I had realised all of that 30 years ago.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Was your wife on Mumsnet  saying the same thing😂😂

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
34 minutes ago, march said:

You have obviously never owned a V8 Esprit!

I'm assuming the V8 would be like the new, younger wife a middle aged guy decides to shack up with who then insists on having kids etc. Too many of my mates seemed to hit 50, leave their wife and kids for a mid 30's model, then wonder why 5 years later, they are back being unhappy pushing a couple of toddlers around the park and knackered as they are now late 50's....

My point, the V8 is the racey good looker that tempts middle aged blokes, promises a good drive, but then leaves them broke and broken at the side of the road.

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Unlike a wife, a car never has a headache. Never sulks. Doesn't care if you don't pay it any attention for a few days. Is always ready to play when you are. If only I had realised all of that 30 years ago.

My Excel used to sulk if I didn't take it out once a week. So quite a few similarities.

That said, once I gave the Excel a bit of stick it'd soon loosen up and forgive me, whereas with Mrs P it will last days!

• Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'd have just bought it and told whomever you need permission from to shut up. Not in to this "democracy" ideal when it comes to things I want. 

Car looks superb too. Would have been a nice additional on your drive.

I'm even more unhappy about this today so am now wishing I had just bought it. 😖

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

things have a habit of right place right time and gut feeling all working out !!! we looked at two launch editions (just online and made some contact) but they sold and dissapointing but wasnt meant to be, then i got to look at one formally used as an aquarium and dog grooming pick up transport and fell head over with it so happy ending !!! 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, cweeden said:

I'm even more unhappy about this today so am now wishing I had just bought it. 😖

Yeah, sometimes it's better to just do it and then soak up the pain afterwards. The joy of the car will last longer than the tantrum from the harshest of wives!

My wife is away just now with her girlfriends and she thought I was building a wall today at home. Instead I took Scarlett for a 300 mile thrash through the mountains, had a lovely lunch and have a nice steak and a bottle of claret for tea. Obviously when she calls later I'll be suitably knackered from the wall building! ;)

I'll deal with the pain when she gets back Friday if the wall isn't finished lol 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'll deal with the pain when she gets back Friday if the wall isn't finished lol 

These walls are very easily to underestimate how long they take. Plenty of unseen issues that can arise and be solved before there’s something to see

Just ask Donald Trump

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Change over inspection on a double hen shed I did in 2018 today. The other double on-site which I never did has loads of smashed lights 😫 a right flighty bunch apparently.

The solar PV monkey had been at my one since id wired it. Fitted the incorrect breakers for his kit - doesn’t fit in the board properly - so they needed replacement. Screws missing off my trunking lids - and then I find this119F71C9-B7F0-4F6A-9A0D-A40F6B388678.thumb.jpeg.6233392ebf911a0ec4171588dbbe699c.jpeg

earth wiring taped up being used for power monitoring. Follow them to their destination and here they pop up visible and touchable - single insulation outside of the enclosureBF01EF03-812D-4527-8F7D-C2079650219A.thumb.jpeg.1c55722390d17452d1a8289f6d25d9e1.jpeg

some days I just don’t wish to do it any longer. Had no choice but to ring said solar monkey and ask him to explain why he thinks it’s ok to leave it like that. Ive now changed and done the remedial which mr farmer will be paying for so he can have a certificate for insurance.

I didn’t even want to go to work today. Back again later in the week

• Sad 3

Only here once

26 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

earth wiring taped up being used for power monitoring

I did not normally cover my earth ends with green sleeving, until recently,  but I don't think even I would have thought that looks very good. I do now and try to put earth sleeving on!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

From an experienced amateur (signed off as appropriate!), that is appalling/insane.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

• Gold FFM

As per usual a simple job sprouts legs and runs away. Cloakroom make-over instruction started with a repaint, new radiator and sink. Fine, no problem.

Revised upwards to tiling the floor.

Revised again to include knocking out the boxed-in bit under the stairs.

Revised again to include new light, new light switch.

Revised again to include wall tiles.

Final revision, fit a new toilet.

Cost of said revisions has meant the price has skyrocketed, and I hate tiling. I’ve already got bad knees, and they’re screaming at me right now.

“It’ll be nice when it’s finished”, she says. Right now I couldn’t agree more.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

As per usual a simple job sprouts legs and runs away. Cloakroom make-over instruction started with a repaint, new radiator and sink. Fine, no problem.

Revised upwards to tiling the floor.

Revised again to include knocking out the boxed-in bit under the stairs.

Revised again to include new light, new light switch.

Revised again to include wall tiles.

Final revision, fit a new toilet.

Cost of said revisions has meant the price has skyrocketed, and I hate tiling. I’ve already got bad knees, and they’re screaming at me right now.

“It’ll be nice when it’s finished”, she says. Right now I couldn’t agree more.

Give her the grout and an old cushion and tell her to get on with it!