free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 135 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

How would you report the man getting shot by police in Worcester? The varying spins by different media outlets is surprising.

The BBC approach - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-58773355

The Daily Fail approach - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10057959/Moment-armed-police-officer-shoots-suspect-31-leg.html

The full unedited video was posted on Reddit which has now been locked and the video deleted. 

The Worcester News has a slightly clearer video. If you look closely at the police officer on the left you'll see a muzzle flash and then that same officer scramble to help the shot man. I'm no expert (or are the many folk of Reddit) but it looks like negligent discharge to me. Okay, that's a pretty bad mistake to make and all that but where's the uproar against that police officer compared to the one in the the article posted by Bibs? Is a police officer who speeds chasing criminals that are on a moped any worse than someone that can't handle a loaded weapon in public properly? It's the lack of reporting consistency and heavy bias that's applied to stories by the media that shape the public to their conclusions and that's concerning. 

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

Another case of someone not doing as requested by law enforcement. Maybe he was a transgender and concerned about possible rape and murder?

however - this was in Ronkswood in worcester - which frankly is a complete dump

Only here once

• Gold FFM

He was stopped because of a report of a weapon, hence the armed response but I see your point Barry. Many of the MSM that have shown the edited video have cropped out the officer who fired their weapon by accident. Why so? Why do certain media outlets decide to change or omit details yet in other cases they go full on the attack. It's difficult enough for the Police to police but what are the public meant to think when not presented with the full picture. 

• Like 2

Signature not working...

Drinking on a Sunday Night and into Monday morning. Stupid Stupid boy! Feel like crap! (Managed to work though).

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On the positive I have just had a Maccy D's and though I'm not a fan it did help!

On the negative I have been unable to answer the question "How many Burgers can you eat while badly hung over!". After 4 meals I am still hungry

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, andydclements said:

I feel dirty after one McD, the sort of dirty where it really needs a decontamination shower to resolve

I had a girlfriend who made me feel like that. Christ I miss her.........!

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Yeah, she did mention you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Please tell me she's not with you again?

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Ah, so she's not with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Yeah, she did mention you.

Did she come back after she changed your incontinence pads?

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Had to drop my caravan onto a site in Wales today for the next chicken shed. 
It’s all a bit last minute - sheds up - equipment is in the field. All of my material dropped off by my suppliers yesterday and today for the hen areas. 
Control panel on site - hens due in only a month - no fitters available due to brexit so that’s a challenge. Control panel is 3ph - I’ve bought cable to suit. Power into shed is single phase 🤬 - ummm that’s one almighty feckin cock up -  every single motor on-site is wrong 😑 

New panel being built in the next week - I’ve now got to get the lights up and swap several thousand meters of cable for single phase stuff.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

no fitters available due to brexit

Jeez, not you too!

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH yup - they are having issues getting folks in the country. It’s not a high skilled job frankly - but you do need a work ethic - something which actually needs to be defined as highly skilled with the current crop of uk job seekers.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
54 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

@C8RKH yup - they are having issues getting folks in the country. It’s not a high skilled job frankly - but you do need a work ethic - something which actually needs to be defined as highly skilled with the current crop of uk job seekers.

Should have given me a shout to help out bud. My work ethic is 1st class. My timekeeping, impeccable and my demands for megga salaries is not too high.

Rules.

1/ Require 5* accommodation with three cooked meals a day and silver service.

2/ Require a good quality watch to keep time. Preferably Rolex Sea master or similar.

3/ No salary deduction for late arrival's on site as that would be down to 2nd rate watch. Company supplied.

4/ Skill level's will be commensurate with age and the level of assistance give by may personal laborer. 

5/ Any failure on any of the above by you, the employer. The employment is then liable to cancelation with full remuneration paid 

until such time as I find further employment on the same terms, conditions and salary.

Available to start at 1 weeks notice which of course will be covered by salary.

When would you like me to travel. At your expense of course and 1st/business class.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Fook all to do with Brexit, more to do with the fact that the younger generation are, some of them anyway, feckless lazy twits. A work ethic instead of an entitled attitude. Aspiration instead of sitting in a hipster coffee bar.  Nothing to do with Brexit at all.

Sadly many are indeed lazy. Brexit is now highlighting the issue. Fingers crossed the country grinds to a halt and the political shiterati get a grip of this and force folks in this country to get back to work and off the freeloading.

• Like 1

Only here once