free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 141 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

As an amateur astronomer, I'm really looking forward to the revised moniker for the star type previously known as 'white dwarf'.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m really not out to score points mainly because it’s not worth it on such a trivial matter( !) but the above posts do prove my point - it’s entertaining to conjecture who will be offended by the next silly linguistic mutilation but the numbers who might be , are very small and are exaggerated by the media . 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, basalte said:

I’m really not out to score points mainly because it’s not worth it on such a trivial matter( !) but the above posts do prove my point - it’s entertaining to conjecture who will be offended by the next silly linguistic mutilation but the numbers who might be , are very small and are exaggerated by the media . 

It's the minority ruling the majority

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

It's a slippery slope when large corporations submit to this ludicrous minority snowflakery for fear of losing a percentage point.

• Love 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

No problems with MG @Barrykearley apparently. According to the solicitor spokesperson on the news (a height challenged lady {I hope that is allowed!!}) said she had no problem with historic midgets as in MG Midgets, midget submarines etc but only with current companies.

So perhaps White Dwarf @Sparky is also safe. (although after the revised pronunciation of Uranus (snigger, snigger) perhaps not!!  

28 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Please tell me that midget bowling is still ok?

Only if you are vaccinated :whistle:

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

They do matter.

I thought they were anti-matter?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Exactly.  They do matter.  They really do matter, in a big way.

A “minority ruling the majority?”  Ah , I think you’ll find that’s the government , unless there’s some social studies student billionaire Goldfinger or Blofeld somewhere stroking a Persian cat and mindwarping you not to say the word “ midget “. 

At 3am today my friends next door neighbour had their door broken down and a knife held to the wives throat(husband on nights). They wanted the keys to their car but they were in the wrong house. It was my friends car they were after,his gt3RS. Luckily they realised they had the wrong house and drive off. Neighbour is now afraid to go home and friend feels guilty and wonder if his pride and joy is worth having,his wife wants out.

• Sad 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Pete, that is a really horrible thing for the neighbour to go through and that the world is coming to this. Tell your friend to check for a tracking device on his car (apple airtag kinda thing) as a precaution. 

Signature not working...

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, windymiller said:

ahhhhh ordered a dining table and chairs weeks ago on flea bay, phone call today oh err we only have the table not the chairs do you still want it ?? nooooooooooooooooooooo 😑

I've never understood this furniture thing. Ordered a Chair between Christmas and the New Year - delivery......... May.

FFS are they growing the timber for the frame to order?

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Driving Standards and peoples attitudes!

Yesterday I had someone hit the Mercedes, I pulled over in the village when someone came towards me on the way in to the village, the gap was a little small so I was going to back up but before I had chance the oncoming driver continued on scraping down the side of the car (it was obvious there was not enough room) forcing his way past. The upshot of it was the driver didn't seem to care that he had hit me as it would be knock for knock - and anyway it could be t-cut out (no it couldn't), oh and the wife got out and had a go at me for speeding whilst I was  stationary with the hand brake on.

Today I was picking up some round bale sileage from a neighbouring farm and a woman came belting round a blind bend her Skoda Yeti and only managed to stop about 2 feet from the sileage bale on the tractor - it was a bloody good job I was travelling slowly (approx 15mph). The miserable cow had the cheek to glower at me for making her back up 20feet.

Bloody people.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Did you have a dash cam? If you were stationary and the dash cam proved it, it would not be "knock for knock".

I usually notice that it is twats driving large 4x4's down narrow lanes that expect everyone else to get out of their way by jumping onto the grass, into the verge, of better still over the hedge to stop them getting their fooking RangeRover or whatever tyres dirty!  I now just make a point of stopping when I see them coming and force them to manouvre around me, as a stopped, parked, car. You can see just how irritated they are that i did not just jump out of the way.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!