free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 142 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

17 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Did you have a dash cam?

It's in the Lotus (Doh!). Only minor damage fortunately but I just don't get peoples attitudes, he just didn't care and his was not an old car like mine, where is the decency to admit when you have made a mistake. His wife's attitude was also laughable - she also said 'well someone has to go through' and was genuinely surprised when I said someone could have backed up and suggested I would have as I had the least distance to travel.

Oh and I have a Landcruiser (bigger than a Range Rover) and drive down the middle of the road at times just to ensure no one thinks they can squeeze through a gap that does not exist, really pisses off the BMW drivers who feel they have the god given right to make everyone stop for them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I feel for you, I've had had decades of back problems and then in 2016 I slipped a disc in my sleep (muscles were in spasm for several days leading to it). That's is what's now driving me to lose weight, so as to reduce the load on the 5 discs that were damaged on that occasion. 

I now go to the GP early on in each episode, not for pain relief meds but for something to reduce/ relieve the muscle spasm. That normally buys me a few days until the physio activity then has enough effect.

Don't know id any of that info helps.

• Like 1

Another flipping mouse in the house. Last time it was warmer weather and having doors open to try and provide an escape route (not fussed if it survives or not, just that it running out of the house an option that's probably easier than me actually catching it), it's now a bit cold for that, and to top it off it's now gone behind the boiler. 

Mouse problem anybody? My cat can sort it for you. It can flipping bring them into the house and create the mouse problem.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, andydclements said:

Mouse problem anybody? My cat can sort it for you. It can flipping bring them into the house and create the mouse problem.

Next door have a similar problem on a regular basis, they have 1 very active cat, our cats don't do this much as they would prefer to spend their time asleep in front of the log burner.

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, andydclements said:

We've got 2 Ginger Toms (brothers) just over a year old. Last summer they averaged about 2 'presents' a day: mice, voles, shrews, rabbits, rats. The only thing they don't seem to catch are moles, which is a shame. Most of the time the presents are in 2 parts, deposited at night and ready to be trod on the next morning. Squelchy mouse guts underfoot is not a good feeling.

• Haha 1

We live in the country (no neighbours for a mile) and mice regularly seek solace in our house. Occasionally we will get a mouse that runs in off the fields and takes respite in the cattery! - that's a big mistake!!

• Haha 2
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Septic line backed up in the worst time of year. Not only get to mop out the basement, but the tank is under 5' of glaciated snow from the roof in this healthy snow year. I did find it first try at least.

1098105862_SepticAccess2-2022(1).thumb.JPG.fa6be7af2b9fe47422164a7782bacb17.JPG

On 02/02/2022 at 10:45, windymiller said:

normaly i take naproxen from the dr and it sorts me but im now on omeprazole and cant have naproxen with it so off to see my back chap at 11.45 he usualy puts me right

Just to let you know that Omeprazole protects your stomach windy. It should be taken in conjunction with Naproxen which is an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory) 

So, Naproxen taken regularly will affect your stomach lining so you need the Omeprazole to pritect your stomach

Check with your Dr though as he/she will have prescribed

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Just to let you know that Omeprazole protects your stomach windy. It should be taken in conjunction with Naproxen which is an NSAID (non steroidal anti inflammatory)

I was prescribed the pair over 2 years ago, after 2 days it made me a lot worse so stopped taking both.

• Gold FFM

suffered with terrible heartburn and indegestion for years before a scope found barretts and a hyatus hernia leading to omeprazole which has been a god send to me since, now waiting for 2nd scope which is a year overdue 😑

I had a review via a scope with very little wait. I got something stuck in my throat so via A&E 🤢, there I was at 11pm having a scope shoved up a nostril to check for damage, then following another problem had a big scope down the throat again.

Those did one thing, got my dose of Lansoprazole increased as it was clear the current does wasn't doing the job (throat looked like a pebble wall).

• Gold FFM

I ended up having a Nissen fundoplication for similar reasons.  Bad mistake!  Still on regular  'azole' variants and occasionally swallowing endoscopes, hey ho.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

No, you fool, I had a hut built around my stomach.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Wife upset, had one of the cats put to sleep today, so had to dig another hole in the wood.

• Sad 4