free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 70 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rocket63

What made you UNHAPPY today!

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Dads mustang went for a service. Done 2000 miles since new, now 1 year old roughly -  3 hours for a bloody oil change is taking the piss. Didn't move for the first 45 minutes or so - so why book me in at 10am and make it a while you wait service?? 

Price wasnt bad, I expect £300 for a service nowadays but even Ford charge £95 an hour?? Plus near £10 a litre for their oil. Definitely need to supply your own nowadays - in my opinion.

Got a service for the Exige coming up soon so we can compare or cry together I guess hahaha

20181210_144915.jpg

'It's all about you'  - who dreams up this kind of nonsense?

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Plus near £10 a litre for their oil. Definitely need to supply your own nowadays - in my opinion.

76 qty of oil at £1.05 a go?  Bit odd.

Be careful with supply your own, probably best to ask whomever is doing the work... we have to mark it as such in the service book.

Dave

Are they charging per 100ml?

At least they only fitted 1 oil filter! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Just put an app on my Samsung A5 (I think) for work which requires a screen lock for security. Stoopidly tried a biometric lock after a password.

Bloody useless. Went through all the rigmarole to enter my thumbprint and it failed every time after that.

Then the bloody phone locks you out for 2 minutes or something.

Technology my arse................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

"Technology my arse..."

Maybe that's the key to use for a biometric lock.

• Haha 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

We had Wendy's dad's funeral yesterday after a very sudden and short illness. Boxing Day will never be the same and he will be sorely missed. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Very sorry to hear that Kimbers ,  my thoughts are with you and your family 

• Love 1

A

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's especially hard at this time of year.

:) 

It's getting there......

Sorry to hear of your loss Kimbers it can't be easy.

Meanwhile back at the farm, our heating oil tank has split with over 2400l of heating oil in, the oil and over £1000.00 of fuel is slowly leaking out into the ground, have lost about 200l in the past few days. Patches by heating engineers have failed, have tried a temporary fix myself today whilst waiting for a better patching epoxy material to be shipped. I don't really see an easy way out of this as getting a replacement tank in place is going to take time - It's going to be an expensive Christmas this year 😖 but at least it is only money.

Deepest condolences kimbers

@march - grab an IBC from one of the local dairy guys and use that temporarily 👍

• Love 1

Only here once

This might sound stoopid, but it works!  Rub soap ( the hard bar of kind) into the splits and this will act as a temporary fix too. Assuming it is the green plastic heating oil type of tanks. It worked on my 1400ltr tank. The sun dries out the plastic and they crack.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Already done that 🙂. The people who service our boiler were here within 2 hours of phoning (now that is what I call service) and asked me to give him some soap. Watched in amazement as the soap initially stopped the leak - it was then covered in silicone. I think the problem is that the tank is slowly giving since we filled it to the brim. The 2nd application of soap and lots more silicone seems to be holding at the moment but I am not sure for how long.

31 minutes ago, march said:

Brilliant idea - will look into it now. Thanks

Easy to lift and move - will take the weight - and has a blanking plug which you can drill to fit an oil take off onto.

£25 a pop for those things round this way

Only here once

Thought tanks had to be bunded these days

Edited by pete
Spelling

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yup they do now. A certain tank manufacturer were fined many years ago for omitting the correct levels of UV stabiliser in the plastic which the tanks were made from. This meant they cracked around the rib creases over time. I’ve got an affected tank which I keep meaning to replace. 

Strickly speaking - the oil delivery chap should refuse to fill if there’s any damage evident

Only here once

I used two part expoxy to fix a fuel filter plastic bulb on my diesel lawn mower. That did the trick. Worth a try and you should be able to buy form a diy shop. 

• Like 1

The two part epoxy arrived at 0900 this morning - I will be checking the current temporary fix daily and when it starts leaking a gain I will put the epoxy on ( a quick look out the window this morning and it looks like it may be holding at the moment). Unfortunately with 2400l of oil the pressure on the split is quite great.

🙂 But why does the bottom of the picture not look in perspective, is it because the kids are standing on a wall maybe.

chipp

Laurel and Hardy were so funny back then

• Haha 1

Only here once

Very sad day around my Waters, as a freight train loaded up with trucks full of empty beer bottles flew off the freight train, while crossing our big bridge in the middle of Denmark, because of a serious storm today, and hit a passenger train, killing 6 and injuring 16. Divers are now searching for further parts or persons in the sea, during the night. Biggest accident in 30 years.

Life it seems, is very beautiful, but also very fragile.

Jacques

Edited by Jacques
  • Sad 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)