free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 77 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Sorry mate, there's nothing to be had out of that, it's just not captured the data I'm afraid.

Untitled.png

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

when youve left your Lotus Elite at the garage in Whaley Bridge https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49231384 and the owner sends you a message saying the garage has been flooded

My Mum died yesterday  

Posted Images

Is it the BMW X3/X5/X6? or the Miata/BMW 328 (or whatever it is) in the left lane?  I tried my LightRoom software and can't read it.  My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

Edited by bogle
remove bottom line from previous post.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Just now, march said:

@Bibs - Thanks for trying.  I must admit I didn't hold out much hope. Now desperately looking for a very good dashcam - Anyone have any recommendations?

I like my Nextbase 512GW. Great quality considering the price. Running it for 2 years now, no issues yet! 

2 hours ago, bogle said:

Is it the BMW X3/X5/X6? or the Miata/BMW 328 (or whatever it is) in the left lane?  I tried my LightRoom software and can't read it.  My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

Thanks for trying - it's the BMW X5

• Gold FFM

@march Had 2 nextbase cams. One gone back the other is a pain in the arse. Would never go anywhere near another.  Also got a roadhawk and 2 blackvues, all 3 do the job well and no issues. 

Need one for the daily and will probably be another blackvue. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

3 hours ago, bogle said:

My local police department doesn't have the software necessary to reconstruct missing pixel information

You sayin' the Police cannot fabricate evidence? That's a new one :detective:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:33, march said:

Just been forced off the road into the central reservation in the Esprit at 80mph - still shaking. The car undertook after tailgating me and then forced me off the road ( I was behind the van so I was not exactly causing an obstruction). Does anyone know how to enhance an image to get the number plate. It has been reported to the Police but I don't have the registration.

Picture of the guy attached.

Fortunately there does not seem to be any damage to the car but he got within a couple of inches of the side of the car before I had to swerve into the central reservation.

WP_20190326_12_44_59_Pro (2).jpg

@march & @Bibs

Not sure it will help but I'd place a bet that this is your culprit?

greybmw1.thumb.jpg.c86dd330db87a80034a6c2a568af768b.jpg

greybmw2.thumb.jpg.531ce2165e0b11ad5a871bdcb9ec3329.jpg

X-ray vision is useful sometimes 😁

greybmw3.thumb.jpg.ae1b52e1e7c06dca2ff2d10d5c70652d.jpg

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

The first part of the reg could be X5, what with it being an X5! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Just had a very expensive lesson in dealing with Suppliers. 6 months and £300+ later I finally got a set of carbon "race" door cards for my VX220.  My excitement at being told these were "top quality" was fully tempered  by the reality on looking at them.

Apparently this is very acceptable for a "race" version - funny, I've never seen shit carbon on a race car yet!  Buyer beware i guess and as this is the second set, the first were even worse, I can't be bothered to now send them back again and wait another 3 or 4 months. I guess I'll just cover them FFS. He did suggest they would look great when fitted as the gaps would not be seen - so i reminded him my VX and her doors are SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if you think I am being harsh re the quality, maybe my expectation is just wrong. yes, that is the sun you see shining right through the gaps were the carbon weave should be. Maybe if I coloured in from the back with a black permanent marker it would hide them. A bloody expensive dot-to-dot picture though.

IMG_20190408_142655200.jpg

• Confused 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Yup. Good idea. But £300 and then having to do that is a pisser to be honest. At least I know where NOT to buy future carbon bits from.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

They say the camera never lies, well I can assure you that that bloody camera is telling huge porky pies!!!

Oh, and that's the misses you can see there. She'd just had her hair done too.....   🤣😂

• Haha 1

Hi, Thanks for all this effort in identifying the number plate, it really shows what a good bunch of chaps there are on this forum.

What I will say is that this kind of incident really knocks ones confidence and is not something I have come to expect of drivers in Devon. I have had people do this to me by accident and it has never phased me, but to have someone do it deliberately when the outcome could quite easily have ended up with a significant accident has made me think twice.

I am glad my main car is a sodding great Landcruiser 🤪.

• Thanks 1

Not many days I would say I’d rather be at work but today is one of them.

Arrived by Ambulance at Torbay Hospital last night. I’ve had kidney stones before so gallstones decided to make an appearance yesterday. Kin painful little blighters. 

On the plus side - what bloody good stuff Morphine is 😁👍

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!