free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 81 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rocket63

What made you UNHAPPY today!

As above Bibs ....Sorry to hear that.....Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks folks. 2 loss adjuster coming around tomorrow but could be an entire renovation with the amount of water that made it in. The whole house had 2-3 inches throughout. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Thanks folks. 2 loss adjuster coming around tomorrow but could be an entire renovation with the amount of water that made it in. The whole house had 2-3 inches throughout. 

Bloody hell - really sorry to here this. Has this happened before?

Not in living memory of any of my neighbours.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I know how deeply unpleasant that is mate, my parents house had a burst pipe in the loft whilst we were out came through everything and that was clean water, good luck hopefully you got most stuff out of the way before it happened. 

I genuinely have never known rain like yesterday heavy and persistent for 24 odd hours. 

4" an hour last night....

Evora NA

No such thing as clean flood water so, having had the house flooded many years ago, I understand your pain, Bibs.  Everything gets dirty and smelly and takes ages to dry.  Did you manage to salvage anything before the water started coming in. i.e. getting chairs up on bricks, photos moved to safety or was it too sudden for that?  I hope you get it sorted soon and that the insurance covers it and you can renew it when the time comes without having to pay the national debt.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Like I said on FB, sorry to see this @Bibs. If theres anything I can do t help please let me know! Though the way it's going here in Norfolk, 3 days of solid and heavy sustained rain, I think the county will be returning to the sea shortly! Bloody awful!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

It looks like the house will need to be gutted, de-plastered and dried then renovated, plus most of the furniture needs replacing as it all got soaked. Thank fudge for insurance! 

• Sad 4

Evora NA

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It looks like the house will need to be gutted, de-plastered and dried then renovated, plus most of the furniture needs replacing as it all got soaked. Thank fudge for insurance! 

Sorry to hear that. Have you got to move out.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 minute ago, Kimbers said:

Just back from a run (sort of a stagger actually). So had joggers nipple anyway, but cutting through the lounge to get to the office I caught my left Nipple on the French Door edge as I passed. Holy shit on a stick that hurt like buggery............not that I know what Buggery feels like but something like that I imagine!

Brave man posting that detail on the internet...

• Like 1

When I had the Evora's wheels powder-coated last week, I took the opportunity to replace all 4 TPMS valves as the originals were becoming a bit intermittent in their functioning.

3 of the replacements sprang into life within a few miles but the 4th, even after multiple journeys totalling over 150 miles, steadfastly persists in giving a " 0 0 " reading. I very, very carefully swapped the wheels over and the 'fault' moved with the wheel so it would appear that the new valve is faulty. Looks like the tyre now has to come off my pristine, shiny wheel. Bu99er! :realmad:

On 18/06/2019 at 10:41, Kimbers said:

Just back from a run (sort of a stagger actually). So had joggers nipple anyway, but cutting through the lounge to get to the office I caught my left Nipple on the French Door edge as I passed. Holy shit on a stick that hurt like buggery............not that I know what Buggery feels like but something like that I imagine!

I don't think buggery involves the nipples.

• Haha 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Some little waste of oxygen has sprayed some sticky shit on my car, looks like fizzy drink. Utter wankers. Luckily washed off with just a hose pipe and no scrubbing but still. Shit kids.

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Some little waste of oxygen has sprayed some sticky shit on my car, looks like fizzy drink. Utter wankers. Luckily washed off with just a hose pipe and no scrubbing but still. Shit kids.

I'd wrap cheese wire around their toes and hang them by it upside down. Glad it came off easily...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Contents insurance is pretty much sorted after the flood. Just had the buildings around and they want all the floors and walls up, then a 5 day drying program then full electrical test to see if the house needs rewiring. After that, all the architraves, doors etc will be removed/replaced then the floors, walls, skirts, beads and rewire if required. Glad I'm not signing the cheque, thank god for insurance!

Went through similar last year @Bibs and my final bill to the insurers was around £80k, I am sure yours will be much higher!  A word of caution - make sure if that you are using the Insurance companies Surveyor to get the work done that you also stipulate (1) a timescale to complete and (2) that you check the progress.  Our surveyor gave the builders around 13 weeks to complete the work. I went in the house after 6 weeks to see the bare minimum had been done. Phoned the surveyor to kick him up the arse and he assured me all was on track. Went in at 10 weeks an no progress and phoned him and swore violently. Week 12 they turned up and tried to rush it all in 2 weeks. I rejected the whole job and they then had to come back and redo everything over a 6 week period - all whilst the insurers where paying for us to stay elsewhere.

The Surveyors/Claim handling company were as much use as a chocolate tea pot in a steel foundry - the insurance company was fantastic by contrast (More than by the way) and our renewal this year was on £30 more after the claim!  So we stayed loyal.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

It's often not the insurance companies but the bloodsuckers they use to manage the claim/remedial work - they'd be better off doing it themselves and would save a packet too!

@C8RKH now that is a conversation to be bad over a bottle of chateau du mann 😉

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.