free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 86 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing.

I'm fortunate that my Dad really has no money and even if he did I wouldn't take it.  Learned my lesson with my Mother-In-Law.  She left money to her kids (her husband was killed by a drunk driver) and that caused rifts between the wife's family members.  Personally, I would rather give the money back (it wasn't a lot) and have my Mother-In-Law back- minus the pancreatic cancer that took her away.  She was a terrific woman.  The wife and I would take her with us on all vacations.

With that said, I still think your Dad's new wife should have taken notice of your family and done something.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. great job. You tipped the room 90 deg and emptied the crap out the windows?

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

Posted Images

Picking the Focus up after leaving it parked at Gatwick for 23 days, only to find there’s nothing left in the battery. Nothing. Zilch, not a vestigial glow from anywhere. And of course it was pissing down with rain, after an 8 hour night flight. Had to jump start it.

The car’s 9 months old, so I called the dealer today, who said that the dead battery scenario was entirely possible, given the amount of electronics onboard these days.

Seriously?

Margate Exotics.

Yeah - I just started my Exige after being sat for near 3 weeks, was a weak start.

My brother in law is a Master tech at Honda, they had this issue a lot, mostly on "keyless entry" cars. 2 weeks was about the average life of the battery. My GT86 had the same issue, called AA and Toyota out about 8-10 times before it was finally replaced under warranty. 

Yes and no
They checked it over 3 times, each time taking 2 hours of my time each trip, and todl i was fine.
AA said the battery is knackered n won't charge - twice.
Eventually took it back to Toyota again after making a fuss - I drove 4 hours up north non stop. grabbed some lunch, came back - wouldn't start. No joke, couldn't even power the wipers at full speed. had to turn it off and on again about 5 times. Finally snapped, dropped it off at Toyota the day after my trip, told them to sort it. Company lease - the moment I moaned it's costing my business money ( a bit of a lie, but still )  they were very apologetic, and magically, the battery was at fault. Shock horror!

Huge fuss for minimal £££ fix. 

• Gold FFM

Sadly car dealers seem to be this ages double glazing firms. My S90 had a supposed full service and yet after hardly no use the windscreen washer was empty and took me 6ltrs to fill. Makes me wonder how much oil they put in the fecker......😭

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I haven’t yet decided whether to make a formal complaint about the car. I mean, you park it up and have to tell the car park operator that they need to put it on charge while you’re away? Oh, yeah, I’m sure they’ll be happy about that.

My local garage told me main dealers rarely change the cabin pollen filter, as it’s hidden and most people wouldn’t know if it had been done.

Margate Exotics.

Left my Kia for 4 weeks and it started fine. Also just moved my Lotus after 3 weeks and it also started fine! 

Nowt wrong with dealers. Blame manufacturers making the bloody things so complicated.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Woke up to a text on Monday from the better half saying it's not working , and within 2 hours it had ended, and have spent the last 48 hours lost.
Honestly can't tell you how many times I've checked my phone hoping for a message, or something - Radio silence.
So after 5 and a half years, closer to 6 if you count before we were officially together, I'm back to being single.

I guess it's time to start sorting any property issues, like phone bills and things of the sort.

You know its bad when you can't even face washing let alone driving the Exige. This fucking sucks.

• Sad 6

Sorry to hear that mate. I assume you live together from the property issues comment?

We are always here for a chat mate.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Sadly not, but we were getting ready to buy a house together.

I meant more like I pay for her phone, but naturally don't need it back and can't leave her without one. It's nothing major, just annoying conversations to have with both her and networks etc

Sad news Mike, hope you're ok mate all things considered.

Things will get better, this'll just be a bad memory at some point so press on as best you can. 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my new lease car today - see the "What made you happy today" thread :)

BUT - it came with the bloody EU number plate despite me requesting that it didn't, and being told (in writing) that there were no flags on the plate.

y4mIWrGNEYuR527atVi2INFNoqPN_r1PDPLY_Z0x

I bought a Honda Accord Estate on @Kimbers recommendation 13 years ago - think you were working for Honda at the time.

It has been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned with virtually nothing at all going wrong with the car. It has been the family wagon and wife’s daily. It’s been incredibly cheap and problem free and largely maintenance free 13 years of ownership - until last week when my wife shortened it by a foot. Just been towed off the the big scrappy in the sky today. 👎

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Awww. They were great cars in their day and at the time really gave 3 series a run for their money. Honda have lost their way recently though.

I am now recommending Kia as an alternative to the bland over engineered German twaddle. You can even buy them off me at trade money :) Or a Peugeot for that matter!

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Just received my new lease car today - see the "What made you happy today" thread :)

BUT - it came with the bloody EU number plate despite me requesting that it didn't, and being told (in writing) that there were no flags on the plate.

y4mIWrGNEYuR527atVi2INFNoqPN_r1PDPLY_Z0x

Look on the bright side. They could become sought-after collectors items.

Margate Exotics.

We have finally come to the conclusion that farming is now more hassle than it's worth and we are starting to run down our farming activities. The Bull is going this month and the others will start going soon after (we may keep a few just for the hell of it but we will see).

After 15 years it is a real shame but farming has just become too much of a grind. Added EU bureaucracy that has basically become anti-small farms, big increases in costs with no increase in sales prices, Anti- beef sentiment etc... - the list just goes on has just made it not worth doing. The past 8 years have been hell (parents with dementia, alcoholism and more) and we need a break, the last thing we need to be doing is something that grinds us down even further and having to pay for the privilege grates even more.

It's a shame and feels a bit of a failure but at least we know our animals have had the best possible lives. 

• Sad 2
  • Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Dan E said:

The rugby, absolutely gutted was at the rugby club with a pint in my hand at 08:15 this morning along with 200 others. 

This. But I also had to watch Quins implode on Friday night as well. Not a great Rugby weekend. :dizzy:

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

Ahh, it's just a game.  We lost, the better team on the day won.  Take the Evora out and then everything just feels right again surely?  ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

What's Rugby? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

A pint in your hand and 200 others? That's good going even for a rugby club. 

I reckon I was being conservative to be honest. 

@march, sorry to hear that mate. Must have been a hard decision to come to but you've given it your all and taken care of your beasts as best you can so there's plenty positive to take away from it. 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.