free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 88 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
rocket63

What made you UNHAPPY today!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Thanks John - Do you think it's the fitting or the materials that are at fault?

I recon its material. The stuff we got was bloody expensive, cushion backed. It's nice to walk on as feel softer and warmer than the engineered stuff, but 4 months down and some joints are giving up. Had the installation guy come and look at it and he recons a product design fault. This guy has been laying flooring for years and knows his tuff.

Not a fan of any of the thin stuff, vinyl included.

You need a 6mm plyboard to lay down in older houses and then a very good quality 3-5mm foam underlay.  I used a vapour barrier silver version that interlocks.  I have just completed the conservatory, hallway and bedroom in 15mm engineered bamboo and I will be doing the next house in it.  

Wonderful stuff it is warm, flexes, moisture resistant and woodworm and termites hate it!

Houses in our area typically don't have subsidence as the ground is all granite.

• Like 1

Hi John Do you have underfloor heating,is the flooring made by a company beginning am

5 minutes ago, Fueltheburn said:

Not a fan of any of the thin stuff, vinyl included.

You need a 6mm plyboard to lay down in older houses and then a very good quality 3-5mm foam underlay.  I used a vapour barrier silver version that interlocks.  I have just completed the conservatory, hallway and bedroom in 15mm engineered bamboo and I will be doing the next house in it.  

Wonderful stuff it is warm, flexes, moisture resistant and woodworm and termites hate it!

Houses in our area typically don't have subsidence as the ground is all granite.

All well and good but most houses can't accommodate 25mm thickness

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Any house can accommodate 25mm it just requires adjustment of other pieces.

I.e doors trimming, skirting put in after the flooring etc or adaption.  

None of which are a problem if you are rebuilding a house like bibs.  We were rebuilding and removed tiles previously in some areas we just lost some height of the previous skirting and just held in place with beading in some areas and used new skirting in others.

Obviously those houses with concrete floors can skip the 6mm plyboard.  This was to level up our floorboards and create a flatter base.

Need to go into London today. Militant South West Trains workers on strike all month so my usual bud and tube are like sardines. Also daughter having fun going the other way to school. 
these people in monopoly jobs need a touch of the real world. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Just wait until Corbyn gets in. The young people who are flocking to his free gravy train are in for a shock when they see it come off the rails.  I'm battening down the hatches as Brexit will be like a tea party compared to what that muppet will inflict on us all.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

57 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just wait until Corbyn gets in. The young people who are flocking to his free gravy train are in for a shock when they see it come off the rails.  I'm battening down the hatches as Brexit will be like a tea party compared to what that muppet will inflict on us all.

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I am not sure where to put this one (BREXIT, Vegan, here, etc..) - but it is important. We are worried that we are destroying the Amazon for Beef. Well here is one for the Remainers. The EU recently signed a trade agreement to increase the import of Beef from Amazonian (mercosur) countries so we are now getting this:

UK stamps on it, Produced in the UK, yet reared and slaughtered in Brazil. Awful labelling from Iceland Foods, this could easily be mistaken for British quality yet reality is it could be anything, no traceability, no vet med records and possibly full of hormones. Disgusting! Also in this day and age where food miles are now being looked at and the damage to the environment caused by livestock farming apparently how much of this imported meat is the British farming industry taking the flack for, this is pretty much classed as British beef. The carbon footprint of this steak will be huge compared to our home grown beef that is far superior quality. Cheap is not cheerful, check the labels carefully when you shop.

Well done the EU contributing to stuffing the British farms, the environment and the climate - They really do not care in the slightest. Amazingly the recent BBC omitted this in it's Meat program preferring to tar British Farms with the same brush as the USA and Brazil. I just don't get how can label food as being from the UK when it's from Brazil, I really can understand why people are going Vegan when this sort of thing is being sanctioned by our bureaucrats - money and vested interests trumps everything.

No photo description available.

How long ago so you think that would have been slaughtered too? Can't be that fresh can it! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bloody hell hadn't noticed that - So it was slaughtered in Brazil, Frozen in Brazil, shipped to UK, Cut in the UK as stated on the label- So was defrosted cut and then refrozen  in the UK - so is the frozen date the first freeze date of the 2nd? Not sure I would want to eat that meat 🤮.

Catering company for offshore just ordered 200 tons of chicken meat from Hungary. Comes boxed with the UK flag on the lid. I kid you not.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, march said:

Bloody hell hadn't noticed that - So it was slaughtered in Brazil, Frozen in Brazil, shipped to UK, Cut in the UK as stated on the label- So was defrosted cut and then refrozen  in the UK - so is the frozen date the first freeze date of the 2nd? Not sure I would want to eat that meat 🤮.

Probably cut frozen, then simply repackaged.

• Like 1

Got up at 5:45 this morning to catch the train to go to Newmarket to collect my Esprit from GST.

Arrived at the station for the 06:24. At 06:23, announcement - train cancelled - not enough staff - grrr…………………………

So instead of arriving in Newmarket at 08:08, I was now going to be there an hour later, which was no good as it's an hour's drive back home and I was needed to be elsewhere from 10am for sports. Then discovered that there are no trains from Cambridge to Newmarket this weekend, engineering works, so would have had to take the replacement bus.

Should have asked I would have taken you

• Love 1

4 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Got up at 5:45 this morning to catch the train to go to Newmarket to collect my Esprit from GST.

Arrived at the station for the 06:24. At 06:23, announcement - train cancelled - not enough staff - grrr…………………………

So instead of arriving in Newmarket at 08:08, I was now going to be there an hour later, which was no good as it's an hour's drive back home and I was needed to be elsewhere from 10am for sports. Then discovered that there are no trains from Cambridge to Newmarket this weekend, engineering works, so would have had to take the replacement bus.

And politicians wonder why people won't get out of their cars and onto public transport.   😠😠

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

It gets better. :)

Just after I wrote the previous post I checked the train times If I caught the 15:56 to Cambridge, arriving at 16:54, the replacement bus service to Newmarket would get me there for 17:30. Job Done ..... Oh no it wasn't.

First part was fine, arrived at Cambridge on time, went and asked where to catch the bus. Not from here, had to go to Cambridge North (one stop up the line) - this a replacement bus for the Cambridge to Ipswich service.

Train due into the platform in 5 minutes or so - which it did. Got on the train, and waited for it to leave.... and waited.... and waited. 20 minutes later, an announcement, sorry we are waiting for a driver and we don;t know where he is. (2nd time in one day no train due to staff shortages).

OK, Norwich train due in shortly (late arrival), switched to this one, and off we go to Cambridge North.

Got out and there are no staff, just a sign pointing to Replacement Bus - somewhere to the left as you get out of the station - not at the bus stop,, but somewhere dark and dingy.. I'm the only one there.

20 minutes later some more passengers arrive and then glory be a coach turned up at the bus stop - the driver confirmed that this was the replacement bus, but that he didn't know if he was to do any more runs and he would check with the station staff - who were nowhere to be seen.

20 minutes later he comes out and drives the bus to the dark and dingy place where we get on ... and wait.

An elderly women approaches the driver and asks where we are going in Newmarket - when told the station (where else?), she says that she has the flu and would the driver mind dropping her off at home rather than the station. Eventually we left, and sure enough he dropped her off at home and then proceeded to drive onto the road that leads to GST - but going the other way, back into town.

At this point he stopped - as I think he was lost and didn't know the way to the station from where we were. Another passenger said would the driver mind if he got off as his house was 50 yds away. I got off as well and phoned Gerald, who picked me up 5 minutes later. The bus was still in view.

All worth it in the end, as we got back home - 5 hours after we left

y4m2jAqQ7BoUBE48S8lNRy-axnV-WUgVIUetHMER

• Like 1

As I said,you should have asked 

Nice picture .

Keep saying it doesn’t help.... does it Chris... 😉🤔👍

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I bet he wishes he'd asked.

• Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Pete was far more interested in showing his wood today.  I must say it was most impressive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.