free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 89 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

R.I.P. GUS The saddest of days and news we wished we never had to share. Our boy, one in a million, so much love, pleasure and laughter, loved by all. We had to make that hard call last Sunday 8t

Posted Images

On 26/09/2019 at 09:43, Bibs said:

14 weeks on and they started work on the interior of the house only to find Asbestos tiles throughout so I've got a company over next week to deal with that. This is how they've left it once they found the suspect tiles!

Nice!

Contents claim was settled last week in full. I made an official complaint to Legal and General and the full offer to settle was made the next morning! They asked if I'd like to close the complaint now that was done but I'm not willing to do that. I now also have an official complaint in against the buildings insurance company too. Too many delays with no good reasons. I'm very patient, but they've been incompetent and negligent in my opinion now. 

Well, thankfully not me, but my Niece's sister-in-law (or would be if married) were due to move a few days before Christmas. having sold their place in Kent, relocating to Norfolk, so had a rental place in Kent moving to rental in Norfolk while they look for the property to buy. The day they were due to move, the downstairs was flooded by the rain. So not just stuff that would normally be at /near floor height, but everything that was boxed / prepared, and not just stuff that would normally be on the ground floor. 

I suppose the good part is at least they don't have to deal with property damage, just contents.

6 hours ago, jbuenavides said:

Thinking about how my 4-year relationship comes to an end stresses me out. 

Having been through similar recently ( 5.5 years ) all I can say is it gets better. Cliche as hell but just give it time.

Go for a drive, meet up with friends. Buy the stuff you were holding back on. 

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Go for a drive, meet up with friends. Buy the stuff you were holding back on

I'm just on 25 years married. 23 years longer than the first one lol.

We've lasted so long because unlike the first one, the second one is happy for me to see my friends. Go out for drives and buy what I like when I like. I give her the same respect and freedom.

End it.quickly if it's not working for either of you. It's the kindest thing to do for both of you. Another old cliche but the sea is full of fishes, the right one is out there. An even older cliche is life is just too short to be unhappy!

Good luck.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Left my brothers place in America today/yesterday. Been there since 30th of Nov, so it's sad to be back in the UK.

Been awake 23 hours so far, got 10 left before I can sleep. Brutal, but fixes my sleeping pattern rapidly - assuming I don't pass out first.

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Had it since Christmas Day, bloody filthy bug.  The only thing that works is alcohol.  It fights the symptoms, or reduces my propensity to give a toss.  Either way's good.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Bug update  unhappiness levels at an all-time high.  Incessant coughing has led to a cliche:  I've literally bust a gut.  Surgery a few years back required multiple incisions into the abdominal muscles.  I've had a minor hernia for a while as a result, but it's tiny.  Last night, however, during a particularly violent coughing fit, something definitely tore!  A cough is now exquisite agony.  Nothing's poking out yet, but time will tell.  This is ridiculous; due to various unforeseen issues I've hardly touched a car for 4 months now.  And I'm running out of Lego.

• Gold FFM

Hope you're feeling better soon @Sparky. There's a cracking good new Lego kit available from Amazon. Order it now you'll get it later today!

Lego Technik Landrover Defender. Even has an engine you can build and will probably be less hassle than an Esprit V8!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Cheers matey!  Yes, I've seen that one.  My mate's just bought it, so I might be cheeky and wait for him to build/strip and then borrow it.  About time Lego did an Esprit!

Rule 5 Sparky, Rule 5. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

44 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Bug update  unhappiness levels at an all-time high.  Incessant coughing has led to a cliche:  I've literally bust a gut.  Surgery a few years back required multiple incisions into the abdominal muscles.  I've had a minor hernia for a while as a result, but it's tiny.  Last night, however, during a particularly violent coughing fit, something definitely tore!  A cough is now exquisite agony.  Nothing's poking out yet, but time will tell.  This is ridiculous; due to various unforeseen issues I've hardly touched a car for 4 months now.  And I'm running out of Lego.

Yep this is a proper killer bug I haven’t quite gone as far as injuring myself, but you have my sympathies I think I am currently on day 8 and into coughing lots of stuff up (which is surprisingly close to Military Grey) wife is on day 10. 

get well, we have got to party like it’s 1989 next weekend 

• Like 1

Am in week 4 now,2 lots of antibiotics and 1 course of steroids and still coughing like an old man.Wait I am an old man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Thanks for that, you cheerful git.  So I might have 2 more weeks of this shite???  I'm doing my utmost to avoid antibiotics, and prednisolone plays hell with me so I'd rather not...

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Am in week 4 now,2 lots of antibiotics and 1 course of steroids and still coughing like an old man.Wait I am an old man

Please no! I can’t do this for 4 weeks 

I'm with you mate.  Reckon we should both arrive early (say, 24 hours?) and nail the bar for medicinal purposes.

• Thanks 1

Am on clarithromycin and the side effects are awful

Yeah, that's a hefty one that won't help your digestive system!

Yep nausea and a foul taste in the mouth.3 days left.

• Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, pete said:

Yep nausea and a foul taste in the mouth.3 days left.

Good start to your 2020 diet though! Remember, every cloud....  Keep it up...