free hit
counters
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 91 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you UNHAPPY today!

• Gold FFM

Knowing Andy, some kind of beef in red wine stew :hrhr:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow. great job. You tipped the room 90 deg and emptied the crap out the windows?

Choice 1 - leave it there and replace all the parts that fail due to lack of use Choice 2 - drive it all year and replace all the parts that fail due to plenty of use   Mine's on 74k an

Being given a “months not years” prognosis for your wife  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Actually it's vegan beef with claret, button mushrooms and some shallots!

22 hours ago, pete said:

What is that Scottish for?

Posh git!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Isn't it a pasta and mince dish from Italy?

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

How can you possibly be married to someone so intelligent and talented?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Yeah, but @Kimbers takes it to the extreme

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Nice to know you all love me so much you think that I am the poor relation in my relationship! Actually she's very lucky to have me................ honest!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Some may have seen my mini rant on Facebook group but yeah.

Firstly had no internet for 24 hours, bit annoying. Realised how much of my life nowadays requires it. TV, 90% of gaming, even if you want to play "offline"... but no work was nice!

Anyways. Got a trip to Back on Track tomorrow for MOT and service, expensive but has to be done and keep the car happy.

Opened the car to find a small puddle/pool on the sill as usual since Oct! So I decided to check Deroure for prices to replace them all on ONE SIDE. 

Bit miffed to see it's £403 inc VAT for 3 seals. Across the back of the roof/window, the roof seal the window rests against, and the front seal. So assuming double for the other side to match should that leak. Thats an £806 bill, plus fitting...

Now forgive me, but shouldn't water ingress be covered under warranty, due to faulty seals?

I've had cars 10+ years old, seals solid. This car is 3 years old almost to the day, and dealers have no interest in fixing it. 

Took it to my local dealer thinking they know how to align the roof and windows, it'll be worth the cost of having it sorted.

Came back, leaking more than before! Waste of time and money. Sent a complaining email (I wouldn't mind paying if it fixed it, not made it worse!) And never heard back. Have decided this is the 2nd time in a row their service has sucked (last time took near 2 hours for a set of tyres to be changed, pre booked) 

Now, do I ask Jezz to have a look before replacing the seals, or take it to B&C and hope their continued reputation and level of service prevails in terms of warranty? 

Really unhappy at learning today that we are all doomed. Doomed I tell ya, doomed

Who says so, well that “know it all” Attenborough says so, talking down to us all again :2guns:

Is it only me or does this guy get right on anyone else’s tits :wallbash:

So I was looking forward to buying a GTD40 last week (the holy grail of cars for me) and got very excited.

I knew interior space inside was limited, so the seats were removed and I sat on the carpet.  However my 6ft 5 frame didn't fit well in the car and my head didn't fit under the roof / door.

So there's another dream gone to dust :(

Only positive is I'll keep my American stuff for a while longer.

49420791956_ad73ba48da_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well it all subjective.  I think the Ford GT was a poor pretender.  And most of the recent modern offerings from manufactures look over designed.

And I'm a Designer by profession for 30 years.

But I'm guessing you're a youngster and entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
34 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, agree.  I don't think there's a car out that looks better than this.

J40GTC-1-of-35.jpg

Taking it that is the Hoffmans car. Simply stunning. Also taking it you couldn't actually drive it. What was your impression of build quality etc?

I would love that car. Beautiful and like you I think the 2006 car was a poor imitation but I do like the current GT40.

• Like 1

Totally agree and yes, the Hofmann's car.

The current GT40 is jaw dropping.  I went to Stoner Supercar Sunday last year and one turned up in black.  All of a sudden the Lambos looked boring, it stole the show.

The build quality of this GTD40 is really good, it's a superb car.  I saw it at Hofmanns 2 years ago, it was in for a service, I saw it and thought that was the car.

There's a chance I could still buy it.  I'm going there on Thursday, they have a Gurney Bubble which needs fitting on the roof / door top, which would give me a couple of inches of head room.  Lets hope.

• Love 1
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

............ I'm going there on Thursday, they have a Gurney Bubble which needs fitting on the roof / door top, which would give me a couple of inches of head room.  Lets hope.

Failing that, you could always adopt the JC approach to fitting in, :P .

jeremy clarkson gt40.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, agree.  I don't think there's a car out that looks better than this.

J40GTC-1-of-35.jpg

I'm just back from a trip to the grocery store where I stopped to pick up a couple of lottery tickets. In the admittedly unlikely event of my numbers coming up, and if @Mark Blanchard doesn't scoop it up, that car may well follow the path I went down at age 3 and move from the UK to Canada.

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Last night next door neighbours house burnt to the ground.  They have lost everything.  Trying to feed and cloth them a bit today.  Everyone safe fortunately and Ive inherited a hamster!

Only happy one is my wife with around 70 firemen walking through our garden all night in their uniform.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/fire-thatched-cottage-barningham-1-6476917?jwsource=fb&fbclid=IwAR3pq3pbmggRPOeQa1v8v1_sQw50xegn4alcuFetf7otG9iWiL7pK9mm1Bw

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, PhilW said:

Last night next door neighbours house burnt to the ground.  They have lost everything.  Trying to feed and cloth them a bit today.  Everyone safe fortunately and Ive inherited a hamster!

Only happy one is my wife with around 70 firemen walking through our garden all night in their uniform.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/fire-thatched-cottage-barningham-1-6476917?jwsource=fb&fbclid=IwAR3pq3pbmggRPOeQa1v8v1_sQw50xegn4alcuFetf7otG9iWiL7pK9mm1Bw

Sorry for your Neighbours Phil, that's a complete bastard. Given all the rain we've had lately, it isn't hard to imagine the smoke - the thatch must have been sodden! Glad everyone was unhurt.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

That’s awful - hope they can rebuild it. Our first house when we got married was a thatched cottage - they are simply lovely

Only here once

Yes its pretty bad Barry. They ran a small business from there too. Lost everything including their income. Locals are being pretty good. Collections going on for clothes and basic things like toiletries. Last night outside i was trying to get to the house with a wet towel on my face. All i could hear was people screaming. Got there and found people out and safe. Smoke was unbelievable. I literally couldnt see my hands it was so thick. I have taken some smoke in but ok. I now totally understand the dangers of smoke and how quickly it disables you. Check your smoke alarms everyone!!

Saw a few GT's when I popped to Spa last year...

20190928_132627.jpg

@PhilW, sorry to hear about your neighbours home, that's one hell of a fire. Good on your and your local community to rally around. Having recently been through a flood which involved most of the internals of the house being rebuilt, I feel a small percentage of their pain. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.