free hit
counters
The CLAYTONS Thread - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The CLAYTONS Thread

I've been meaning to start this for awhile. Sometimes I log on to the forum and go through the new posts etc and either find threads that I can not really input to as I don't have an answer or an opinion, so I don't, or threads about events in the UK or drives to Le Mans etc which I can't do either. Or likewise stuff in the US or even stuff happening the other side of my own country (4,000kms away)

So this thread is for when you have nothing to say. hrhr.gif

Now, I know someone is going to say 'but aren't you saying something now?' True, but it's about nothing really. It's just like drunken ramblings, but for when you're sober.

So I invite everyone to join in and say something when you have nothing really to say.

It's sort of like a Back To The Future conundrum isn't it? Who knows? We may be able to make this the biggest thread on the forum about nothing. getmecoat.gif

Michael

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have nothing to say.........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Do we have any politicians amongst our membership, or degree qualified philosophers?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

:sorcerer: There are times when silence has the loudest voice.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Oh and I forgot,

IF you do have something to say, this is not the thread for it. Go type somewhere else. rofl.gif It's sort of like a paradox isn't it? I can't wait for Mr. Heath to get here. hrhr.gif

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

I'm not sure if I'm saying anything or not so I'll whisper - who are the claytons?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Scroll down to Claytons

You might find some other interesting stuff on there as well as to how we sometimes speak down under. For the life of me I can't find the advert in youtube for Claytons. Bummer...

Claytons was a drink. Reportedly quite bloody awful. It was non-alcoholic and was promoted by the actor Jack Thompson.

The catch phrase for the advert was:

'CLAYTONS - the drink you have when you're not having a drink.'

Edited by ramjet

A paradox is a peculiar animal. It only exists when there is someone present to realise its existance.

Now, evidently, as there is nobody here (must be true because nobody is saying anything), the paradox can't exist.

Or is this venturing into the land of Occam's Razor?

Got to go, my hurt's developing a brain....

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

But wookie, weren't you just here saying something (even though this thread is for when you have nothing to say) so because you did say something, you have caused the paradox to exist. Now if you came here and didn't say anything, then went again, no-one would know and the paradox may not exist since you didn't say anything, but you did,

SO recapping...

you had something to say even though you thought you didn't so ipso facto the paradox exists.

Another question is if we all came here with nothing to say and didn't say anything, would this thread even exist? Or did it actually exist before I even started it since it's about nothing anyway? Does something about nothing have to exist to be about nothing? detective.gif

I thought you introduced this thread specifically for the ladies. sofa.gif

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

John Cage.....4minutes33seconds!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I thought you introduced this thread specifically for the ladies. sofa.gif

Living dangerously Roger!

Anyway how do we know this isn't all a dream and we are really not saying anything at all?

That wouldn't be a dream, that would be paradise ! getmecoat.gif

Edited by Roger the Dodger

<LI>"Nothing will come of nothing: speak again."

- William Shakespeare, King Lear, 1.1.92

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Well, John Douglas (molemot) has got me confused. It looks like he had something to say, but he has posted in a thread about which to say nothing. Since his post is as obscure as they come, I therfore deem it to be about nothing relevant, so therfore about nothing.

So based on that, it belongs in here. :) Unless someone has a better argument for why it shouldn't be?:rolleyes:

Edited by ramjet

I think that Trevor has hit the nail on the head!

Nature, and presumably the Clayton Clan, abhors a vacuum so it will take a lot more posts of that nature to fill it.... so keep plugging away Trev! Unless of course we are teetering on the Event Horizon and our voice boxes are already a gazillion light years away from our mouths which would be producing infinite streams of nothing with no discernable effect...... :rolleyes:

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

I just wanted to say that it's quite rare for me to have nothing to say, Even saying that is something to say!

But this time I really have nothing to say.

You see it doesn't work! Because by stating you have nothing to say, you automatically DO have something to say, even if it's "I have nothing to say"!

This topic should just be blank!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

got plenty to say, but not saying it here :rolleyes:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

You can't trick us by using white font Roger. MAN UP and just don't say anything!

Kimbers, that was my point previously. Did this thread actually already exist before I started it and by starting it have we actually deleted the original non-existent thread?detective.gif

My link

Michael...Ramjet... I was alluding to the musical equivalent. Mr. Cage's opus is 4 minutes 33 seconds of absolute silence...performed on piano!!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein