free hit
counters
Coffee? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coffee?

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Must be one of the only people not to like tea or coffee!

You're not alone, I can't stand either. Never ever liked tea or coffee, I try it every few years just to make sure I still don't like the taste!

I quite like the smell of coffee machine when it's brewing (especially the nice vanilla stuff included in the aforementioned coffee gift pack) but the taste of actual coffee or anything coffee flavoured does not agree with my taste buds at all

Closing in on a Gaggia coffee machine but at £1000 can't quite bring myself to do it. Also questions relating to reliability so also looking at a Jura machine.

If I get a few customers in a row and four or five coffees, I can feel as pissed as on five pints, at a fraction of the cost! No hangover the next day either - great!

used to be a huge coffee drinker, at work my 1 pint mug never got cold!

But now, since i've been out here, it's tea all the way! yum :D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

My new coffee machine arrived this morning. Gusto 3 cup percolator, which is about 1 mug. (good size for bachelors) Stainless steel electric, very nice and a great cup of REAL coffee :sorcerer:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Coffee all the way. I buy my beans from a shop here in Zurich which roasts them on site (the smell as you walk past is fantastic). I use a simple French Press (OK, it's Jacobsen's design for Stelton) but have a collection of electronic and stove-top designs lurking in the kitchen and cellar. I usually have a normal and decaf bean (store them in the fridge to reduce oxidization)

BTW, for those that think Nespresso is an exclusive brand, they have the capacity to make over 8 billion capsules a year.

The Swiss brand Jura seems to have a good name. They're quite popular here and I haven't heard anything negative about them. The Swiss seem to go in for expensive espresso machines, often built in to their kitchens. Personally the simple ways are often the best (though if you want a good espresso it takes a good machine and a good technique).

The used coffee grind goes straight on the garden - slugs hate the stuff and it composts down nicely.

I bet your garden smells lovely in the morning :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Tea, strong. not weak and None of this wishy washy milky tea rubbish and NO sugar either. Vile

Ooo kettles boiling...............Byeee :)

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I'm just trying some Lavazza at moment, it's very strong! wacko.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Following Alan's advice of a bean to cup machine I've just bought a Krugs EA8080 Expressia machine.

Looking forward to coffee in the morning :thumbsup:

8080.jpg

Evora NA

It even holds it!

It's amazing and the coffee the best I've ever tasted, very happy :rolleyes:

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

If it 'held' it, I'd buy two. :rolleyes:

Actually, I was vouching for its ability to produce a wondrous cup of coffee.

Honest.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

like a typical canadian my coffee of choice and convenience is tim hortons but when i make it at home i like a local whole bean brand called kicking horse they make a variety of flavours roasts and strengths, my favorite is a dark roast called 454 horse power. go ahead and laugh at the name but its actually a rather nice flavour and really wakes me up

Coffee all day - 8 mugs or so. Black, no sugar. (Glances at steam rising from mug....mmmm).

Three mugs of these will be Tim Horton's (Tins bought either from the Canada shop in Covent Garden or shipped over by friends). It isn't great coffee in the grand scheme of things, but I like it. Which is what counts, I believe....

Remaining 5/6 cups are Lavazza red. My house always smells like its up for sale :police:

//R

Bibs!

Have had one of those KRUPS machines for four years now. It works great .

Just see to that you have those small tablets when it asks you to run the rinse program.

/Kim

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

• 3 weeks later...

2 weeks and over 100 cups in, it's ace :)

Just placed a bulk order with these

http://www.nextdaycoffee.co.uk/

It's Saturday, they should change their name! I've orders some Illy beans (I really liked their ground coffee) and some Caffe Diemme Oro which is a full flavoured but delicate Aribica blend with chocolate aftertaste. It's like buying wine!

Evora NA

Nice site.

Pity they only do the the 44mm pods and not the 62mm pods as well. :)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007