free hit
counters
Coffee? - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Coffee?

Bibs

• Gold FFM

I'm late to this, I have a Rancilio Silvia which I've had for... 10 years maybe? Also got it with a Rocky grinder. The machine is great, would probably change the grinder for a Mazzer our something as the steps are quite large between grind settings.

I also have an aero press. Different types of pull for different drinks between the two. I tend to use Silvia in the mornings and evenings and Aeropress during the day. Aeropress is also great for cold brew.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Grew up with coffee the first thing I smelled each morning as my dad had his normal first cup at home before going to work.

Me, vast majority of my life, loved the smell didn't like the taste...way too bitter.

But then my daughter got me started drinking an espresso, the darker the better, with some liquid stevia sweetener, in various flavors.

Couldn't believe how people could drink it black but that is how I enjoy it today.

And HOT!

Tea is ok.... just not something that drives me to it all that much.

What's your poison?

But one of my all time favorite racing drivers, "Teddy tea bagger" Ken Miles. I knew it had to be a great English drink way back the 1960's if K. Miles has to have it.

Coffee is just king in the US especially in the Pacific NW. It is also one of the most powerful antioxidants.

What better way to start your day in wet cold damp conditions that are now upon us closing in on winter soon. 

One thing I just learned is that the caffeine, in coffee, has a half life of 8 hours meaning you still have half the caffeine in your body after 8 hours.

cheers,

Richard

ps love coffee ice cream..BEST...Starbucks "Java chip" dangerous substance !!!!

• Like 1

I still put a spoon in a jar and pour on hot water.

Its cheaper, quicker and does the job! Though I have upgraded from "Any old shit" to Gold Blend recently. 

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

No, spoon.

:lol:

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.