free hit
counters
VERSATILE RIGID TONNEAU COVER - Body/Aero/Other (including track set up info) - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I met a young guy who is producing special parts and he made this versatile tonneau cover..

The advantage is that you can remove the passenger side if you want ….

The informative price unpainted is around 1900 Euros with fibre screen (+200 If carbon,screen)

What do you think ?

Regards

Tam

Sorry forgot to say that the passenger side can be closed ...

Looking for an other picture to send

Tam

post-8656-048294400 1276354547.jpg

post-8656-063542000 1276354567.jpg

post-8656-090635000 1276354586.jpg

post-8656-016896100 1276354609.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks really good - I like that a lot.

Qq - do you need to remove the pax seat to close off the passenger side like the lotus one?

Also can we get a side on picture to see the profile?

I met a young guy who is producing special parts and he made this versatile tonneau cover..

The advantage is that you can remove the passenger side if you want ….

The informative price unpainted is around 1900 Euros with fibre screen (+200 If carbon,screen)

What do you think ?

Regards

Tam

Sorry forgot to say that the passenger side can be closed ...

Looking for an other picture to send

Tam

2 additional pictures sorry for the quality but done with me BBerry

Reards

Tam

Looks really good - I like that a lot.

Qq - do you need to remove the pax seat to close off the passenger side like the lotus one?

Also can we get a side on picture to see the profile?

Hi Ads_Green :rolleyes:

I ll go to his work shop end of next week and will take some additionlal pictures

If any other questions feel free

Regards

Tam

post-8656-010851500 1276412116.jpg

post-8656-025327600 1276412131.jpg

Very nice - guessing it uses the mounting holes for the aeroscreen and the side panels.

Will it be possible to have rhd version with the left pod blanked out?

How do the blanking panels secure in?

Some pics from the drivers point of view would be good - do the little screens obstruct anything?

How does it affect getting in and out of the car?

Now just need somebody to Photoshop some colour options for a geneva launch edition :rolleyes:

I think black with carbon screens would look mean :)

Sorry for all the questions but quite interested in this - I've always felt the cabin is s little too open and this seems perfect.

• Like 1

Ads,

I recently fitted the Lotus tonneau and it's a definite plus if you don't mind losing the passenger seat. A little more difficult getting in and out, but not a real issue. Turbulence is reduced significantly and aero is enhanced. For my use (track only) removing the passenger seat was a no brainer.

The aftermarket tonneau looks good as well. thumbup.gif

Photo with Lotus tonneau.......

post-7947-012962400 1276538193.jpg

I like the idea of keeping the passenger seat in place though.

I was tempted by the fabric tonneau mentioned by Lotus but as far as I know nothing ever came of it.

This one seems to have the best of all worlds without losing the passenger seat - a definate plus in my mind as I often give pax rides to people and enjoy their rather unsettled look when we come back into the pits. :)

I've got the half tonneau as in Jacks pic as well, but used it once and took it off. It's languishing somewhere at B&C collecting dust. two problems for me - one was the loss of the seat, and second Nick had to cut the screen down so I could see over it, and the buffeting over 60mph was just too unpleasant to persevere with it.

It's a shame as it looks lovely on.

I've got the half tonneau as in Jacks pic as well, but used it once and took it off. It's languishing somewhere at B&C collecting dust. two problems for me - one was the loss of the seat, and second Nick had to cut the screen down so I could see over it, and the buffeting over 60mph was just too unpleasant to persevere with it.

It's a shame as it looks lovely on.

Do you mean that there was more buffeting than with the standard screen ??;-(

BTW what is the price for the one from LOTUS ?

Tam

Edited by TAM340R

Do you mean that there was more buffeting than with the standard screen ??;-(

Yes - but remember I said it had been cut down because I am only 5'4" - the standard sized screen has the same small lip as the normal windscreen, with which I personally have no problem with.

Jo,

Would you be willing to part with the cover? I, like Jack, am campaigning the 2-11 and would like to close off the passenger side. I already have the seat out and just need to close off that side to cut down the wind.

If so, please email me off-line at [email protected] and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Al B.

Houston, Tx.

Hi Al

No afraid not - while I don't use it I have had it painted and decaled to match the car, so should I ever sell the car I would sell it with it as a package, if you see what I mean.

Sorry, jo

if you give steve williams a call or e-mail at SWLotus.

he might be able to help with a tonneau.

http://www.swlotus.com/

Is your car left hand drive (on the wrong side :thumbsup: ) if so you better tell him.

cheers

Scotty