free hit
counters
Anyone watching Le Mans? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone watching Le Mans?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no 'stream' on dial-up ...sadly getmecoat.gif

But from what I could see so far ... yellow flags & safety car just as much as on a typical Nascar race harhar.gif

...ohhh how I liked those days,,, those days in the past with my trips to 'la sarthe' -that is the sweet memory of my childhood 'boy-time' ( '95 /'97 /'00)

*sidenote: sad end for the girls-team ?! (Ford GT)

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Weird. I can get to the link, but it just keeps cycling through the leader. Doesn't bring up any footage. :rolleyes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

the streaming video was only for when the race wasnt being broadcast on tv due to other events

i started watching it this morning but i stepped out for a while and missed the middle. now im back at home and contemplating staying awake through the night to watch the end and thn the montreal grad prix after it

New leader! - Audi

Peugeot just blew a Turbo and nearly BBQed itself.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Think 4 Ford GT's started. All out now.

(can just feel my eyes starting to want to sleep)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Amazing that the ancestor GT40s were cruising around at the top of the pack around 45 years ago. Seeing the descendant Ford GTs is a bit of deja vu on the eyes.

A timeless styling design !!!

Anybody see Mansells 200mph wipeout about 11pm last night? Ok now but motionless in the car for a few minutes.

Making his Le Mans debut with both his sons.

the term 'hotest girls team' would be the best match for the swiss Ford-GT ...those flames meant nothing good in the end unsure.gif

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

I watched some of it. The garage is wired for cable, but the cable wasn't terminated and hooked up to the amplifier box in the basement. I'm supposed to be working on my Lotus rather than working on the cable... So I put my laptop (with the Lotus shop manual too :rolleyes: in the garage and watched the race on the Peugeot Web Tv... Very Peugeot centric!

BTW, my Lotus should be running tonight!! First time in 4 years...

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

First time ever that I was able to watch Le Mans in high def on a [fairly] large big screen telly, and man what a difference! Was hooked for hours at a time, catching the kaleidoscopic night time portion, then got some shuteye (watching all those support crew catnappers was making me sleepy, too), and awoke early enough to take in the finish, with the Audi 1-2-3 P1 sweep. Was quite surprised at not seeing any Pugs, as they had all flamed out while I was in deep REM. They had been leading handily when I went to bed. F1 may lay claim to being the "high tech" king of motorsport, but Le Mans takes the cake for overall visual feast, with aerodynamic four category eye candy of the highest quality and a course as scenic as it gets. Even the ferris wheels looked good!:rolleyes:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Personally think its one of the best motor sport events in the world. But here in the UK the coverage is poor which considering how many British engineers, drivers and cars take part is a bit odd.

Having sat at the end of the start finish straight at 4 am in the morning on more than one occasion, drinking coffee to try to keep awake watching these beauty's lighting up their brakes in the dark is a sight to see.

Well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't. :rolleyes:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Spoken like a true enthusiast.

Think you got problems with coverage, we were stuck with "Speed" channel, technically below par and the content worse.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I've got it mate, but the Bl**$y receiver is giving me grief big time at the moment, there is a fault in the hardware apparently :rolleyes: and I need to sought it out. But it would be good with all the free-view channels to expand the coverage.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Couldn't get any of the links posted here to work and not one free-to-air covered it at all. Well, not that I could find anyway.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.