free hit
counters
So I bought an Android phone today... - Page 6 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So I bought an Android phone today...

Liz got some newfangled Samsung the other day after her insurance covered her previous Samsung getting washed in the washing machine. Don't ask me what model, I haven't got a clue.

I still use an old Nokia E71. :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S Already developed and downloaded my first app to my phone -something you can't do with an iphone without paying for the development kit,

Wish I had stuck with the Android Galaxy phones. A friend told me how wonderful the Windows phones were so I upgraded to one of those - What a mistake, cannot wait for the contract to end to upgrade b

Posted Images

I'm lovin' this voice control and messaging, so much so,,,,,,,,,,,

I want to use a voice to text application, just to do reminders to myself, but I can onlt do it via messaging myself.

There a million and 1 android apps that will do it, wherein lies the problem, nothing fancy I don't need to recite War & Peace, just reminders and short notes, any recommendations ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I'm so impressed with this Android voice recognition, that I'm starting to question my next netbook. I was thinking in terms of something similar to the Asus Transporter, sort best of both worlds, a tablet and a dock-able keyboard.

However with my Android phone I'm using voice more and more, which brings one to the inevitable question, how badly do I need a keyboard and should I just get a tablet ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Transformer. It's transforms from a tablet to a laptop.

Don't expect it to be a laptop replacement though. Try as I might to have mine do that, I need too much Windows software to allow the Transformer to take over and even ICS isn't that reliable, makes Windows look as solid as a rock!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I've had a netbook for about 4 years, running on Linux, so I've found assimilating to Android "Seemless" :)

I've been running my PCs on Linux for longer, but the current evolving market is mobile, and the need for a keyboard appears reducing, so I question do I need a keyboard, I'm leaning towards no.

• 3 weeks later...

Another question, I have bluetooth in the car, via the ICE unit, works well, I can receive calls without taking my hands off the wheel.

But what of text ? this is an Android unit and has voice recognition, so when I receive a text message, can I get it to read it to me ?

• 2 weeks later...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for that, I've actually tried "Talk" but just took it off, not recommended, I'm going to try "iSpeacker". See how that goes, I'll get working just with the phone first then venture to the via bluetooth, in car challenge.

You're right the is quite a selection, should be able to find one that suites.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 on 4G from a Galaxy S

Impressed so far - very quick. Voice control is cool and has some other nifty features - smart stay (screen stays on if you are looking at it).

4G is faaaaaaaast - I work in the centre of Birmingham which has good 4G coverage. At home in Staffordshire I get H+ which is faster than 3G. 

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

When I saw an S3, its seemed rather large. I have an S2 atm and have been very happy with it and am due an upgrade in the next couple of months

How does it seem size-wise?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

The S3 is an excellent phone. It doesn't outsell the iphone for no good reason :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

Anyone else use this?

Just playing now. It's announcing when it's fully charged, the names of text senders and callers and also only turning bluetooth on when the phone is plugged into the car (well, via usb!). Seems like there's a lot of stuff that can be done! 

http://tasker.wikidot.com/profile-index

Evora NA

• 1 month later...

I just walked away from a free upgrade to the HTC One M8. Looked like a bigger version of what I've got really, in fact some thing I'd never need that were gimmicks and some things I'd miss from my Nexus like wireless charging and not being massive! 

How times have changed! 

Evora NA

A few weeks ago I opted for the m7 rather than the m8 purely since I didn't want a bigger screen (than the m7) and already have a 7 inch (pocket size) Android tablet. To think it's not that long ago we had minuscule Nokias that you could put in a pocket and struggle to realise it was there.

My Nexus always first to get updates and they're vanilla with no bloatware, I'd miss that too. 

Evora NA

I actually prefer the HTC additions.  The Nexus phones feel like an empty room with no furniture, or a one button Mac with no software, or a chromebook... ;)

I really like the camera on this HTC One.  I tend to use it more than my Canon elph now.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album