free hit
counters
water pump refubishment - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ipcsandal

water pump refubishment

hi does anyone have any information to where you can get a kit to refurb and what does it contain/what does it cost. Or i am reliably informed that the bearing-seal and impeller are from another manufacturer possibly vauxhall does anybody know about this if so what model. any help/info greatly recieved.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you're in the UK then, Lotusbits.com, SJ sportscars or PNM engineering would some options. If you're not in the UK please advise which country and we'll post up accordingly. Not sure about other manufacturers, the bearing is probably an exact fit to another one at the time but locating that may not be very easy and the impeller may be different again.

thanks andy i am in the uk, have an option to try if it works i will let you know. Have delt with pete at PNM before so will try him if all else fails. The bearing seal and impeller were definatly sourced from another manufacturer (locating it is the problem as allways) unfortunatly my contact cant remember which and didnt make a noteof which. many thanks Ian

The bearing/ shaft is very similar to that of a Landy (early, say series 2), and not that dissimilar to the Ford one of the same era. I'd suspect that it's probably the same as the old Ford based T engine with a few bits slightly altered. The problem I had was sourcing those individually as Lotus would have been able to do that easily at the time, now we're dealing with after-marked classics where the suppliers just want to sell kits.

Hey guys can you remove the water pump with the engine in?

Pezzer

I have just removed mine thxs to help on this forum. Hardest bit is the bolt near aux sprocket. Undo from top edging it past the socket I found this very hard. Then drop the pump south gently past belt. This also took me hours to find route out. I think lotus suggest taking cam belt off and aux sprocket making these two jobs easier. I found pnm very helpful and he refurbed my pump. Good luck