free hit
counters
Non Flashing flasher - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Herc

Non Flashing flasher

I took the Elite for an MOT today, having been struggling with wiper motors, reversing lights and all. So I admit up front to have been messing a bit with the wiring.

MOT went quite well, just three minor issues. One is that the traffic indicators that were working when I last looked, are now not. They turn on, but and only very occasionally flash. I have tried changing the 8FL flasher unit. I have one direct swap and two not-quite right ones. The other 8FL is the same, the others flash a tad faster - because they are the wrong spec. None are fast enough.

My understanding that this occurs if a bulb goes, or the circuit resistance is too low. The bulbs are all OK. The hazards work OK. The dash arrows light. The flash problem is the same on the near and off sides.

I'm stuck ( yeah I know - it doesn't take much). Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Herc

...do you think it might just be low voltage? The battery is very lame at the moment. I have the same problem with the engine running, so surely that rules out the battery?

Herc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For the record, this turned out to be a classic "low-voltage due to dodgy wiring" affair. In this instance it was something to do with the wiring out of the fuse box.

I feel a transistorized upgrade is on the cards...

Herc

Is the flasher warning light bulb on the dashboard easily replaceable?Left one on mine non working.