free hit
counters
Wheel Colour Opinions.. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Justin182

Wheel Colour Opinions..

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well the Evora is ready! Pitty I'm stuck offshore and can't pick it up :wallbash:

Anyways the car is arriving at the dealer with Silver wheels, but I have asked to get them blasted black. Any opinions? Does silver look better?

A quick photoshop I knocked up :thumbsup:

ChromeOrange-Silverwheels8.jpg

ChromeOrange-Glossblackwheels8.jpg

ChromeOrange-blackwheels8.jpg

Edited by Justin182

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Justin, That was quick!

I've voted black on the basis that I've seen anthracite (stealth) on it at factory. It was nice on them but my son recently put gloss black on his red Type R-GT (you may see it around ABZ particularly near Marishal College area where he is a Civil Engineer on that´project) and it looks the mutts nuts especially when picking out other black parts like body kitted valances front and rear. As the Evora has a lot of other black on it ,all over whatever external colour, I think reducing the exterior colors to 2 will be good.

Hopefully will see it soon. When are you due off to collect? Who will you get to do paintwork? Son was looking again at somewhere in Carnoustie - I think for about 250

Graeme offered to get them any colour I wanted as part of the deal :wallbash: Not sure which company he is using though.

I've asked for black just now, due to get done this week I think, then picking it up on the 1st July!

Can't say I've seen your son.. Saying that I feel like I'm offshore most of the time these days!

CAN'T WAIT! :thumbsup:

Edited by Justin182

Hi Justin,

I think black. That's certainly what I'll be speccing!

Slightly off topic, but what technique do you use in Photoshop to change the colour like that? It looks very realistic.

Antony

Dave,

Thanks, I wasn't sure if black was 'too much'.

In PS I just used the wand tool to select the wheel, then just adjusted the Levels (CTRL + L)

Been asked to do extra time at work so might have to delay delivery :thumbsup:

I'll pick it up for you if you're worried about getting that first 1,000 miles done?! :thumbsup:

Black, will look the dogs danglies, perhaps even with a thin orange line on the rim, is that still cool?

29246610010_large.jpg

Great looking car, :wallbash:

Have to say the black wheels get my vote! they look fab :thumbsup:

Regards danny

yep

black gets my vote :thumbsup:

The Black wheels look track ready, while the Silver are classic.

I ordered Silver on my Chrome Orange 2+0

The Black wheels look track ready, while the Silver are classic.

I ordered Silver on my Chrome Orange 2+0

Oh another Chrome Orange! What Spec did you go for? Please don't say you're from Aberdeen! :thumbsup:

I'll pick it up for you if you're worried about getting that first 1,000 miles done?! :(

Black, will look the dogs danglies, perhaps even with a thin orange line on the rim, is that still cool?

Ha! I'm pretty sure I'll rack up 1000 miles within a week! No worries there..

Ooft, looks a bit too Gansta' for me I'm afraid.. :wallbash:

Cheers Justin, good Photoshop tip!

If you get bored of the car before I order mine, then I'll buy it from you. Hopefully you've ordered sport and tech packs!

Yeah spec as follows.

2+2

Orange/Black wheels

Tech Pack

Sport Pack

CR box

Sport Exhaust

Xenons

Reverse Camera

Coloured Handles

Protective film

Think thats it! Didn't bother with the Premium Pack as I didn't think the interior needed it, and black leather was the only one that would suit Orange anyways IMO. Or Power fold mirros, will just fold them manually. :dizzy:

The black leather is nice, looks really classy in the car :dizzy:

Thanks Bibs, that was my thinking. I'd have probably went with Black regardless of exterior colour TBH

That's pretty much the spec I'm thinking of, except I'm going for a 2+0.

Wasn't sure about the CR box, just because I'm not sure about losing the motorway cruising gear. I'm sure it would be more fun though!

Dave, I drove both, and prefered the CR box, just felt more 'alive' in some way. I was worried that if I didn't spec one, it would lose out come resale time.

And with the 2+0, my thinking was the 2+0 didn't offer any advantage over the 2+2, but the 2+2 offers the extra seats (which I'll probably use as luggage space!) Again, I think the 2+2 will be easier to sell IMO

Voted Black as I think the bold colours look better with dark wheels. I went for the grey wheels which I am happy with but if black had been an option I would have chosen that .

Edited by bingoking

Don't worry about the powerfold mirrors. Complete waste of time having them becuase the arse of the car is only barely wider than them so if you folded them in to say enter a garage you would likely have a car garage interface moment. Also unlikely to be the only thing hit if sitting parked as anybody passing that close will also hit the car shortly before or after the mirror!

Has to be Black.

Don't worry about the powerfold mirrors. Complete waste of time having them becuase the arse of the car is only barely wider than them so if you folded them in to say enter a garage you would likely have a car garage interface moment. Also unlikely to be the only thing hit if sitting parked as anybody passing that close will also hit the car shortly before or after the mirror!

Never thought of it like that, hope it fits in my garage!

Has to be Black.

:wine:

The current anthracites may be replaced with black rolleyes.gif

My old TVR was black on Anthracite, and think it looks good like that. Black on black might be a bit much?

Never thought of it like that, hope it fits in my garage!

:wine:

It will fit no problem mate, the Esprits 73.5" was something people used to needlessly worry about before buying so the Evora's 72.7" won't be an issue.

The standard smallest UK single garage door was 84" (7ft), but even those are very rare now (as cars have got bigger) and most single doors are now 7 1/2 ft (90"). And of course the door is on a frame so the garage opens out once inside. But: If your garage has a pitched roof it is likely there will be a buttress halfway along the inner wall, this can protude into the garage almost as much as the garage door opening and can limit the amount you can open the car door a bit.

Both my Esprits fitted fine though a standard 7ft door, the real issue is driver width and if the car door will open wide enough for them to squeeze out!

:lol:

Thats good to hear. My old Gallardo fit in (just) with the wing mirrors folded in, so didn't think the Evora would struggle

Don't worry Justin. My garage that Evora the sits in has a 7' door. I use the nearside mirror as my reference entering and keep it about 1~2 cm off the upright. The offside mirror clears the frame by about 10cm or so although I never watch it. The Ar$e of the thing is also only about 1-2cm clearance entering. Seat all the way back every time to be able to get out, and a block of foam on wall and not too much of a stuggle. One of my sons has a Punto which is more or less same width yet looks a lot narrower due to height.

One thing to be aware off depending on door type. If a "frameless" door i.e. the type with no horizontal runners into the garage and only uses vertical guides on frame it cuts accross over the back of a car a lot more on way down than tyhe other framed door type. The Evora has actually a fairly high spot right at the back with the spoiler so even although the car can be fully inside garage door line you can still hit spolier and rip it off completely. A mear 450 to replace. There is a thread with an Aquamarine car in it somewhere............:wine:

Aye, know exactly what you mean. I'll hopefully get to try it out this week!

Back home tomorrow for 4 weeks off, car ready on the 1st!