free hit
counters
Position of S1 esprit decals - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cos

Position of S1 esprit decals

Hi Guys

The S1 respray is coming along very well. I had a problem though with my camera, and lost the detailed pics I took of the proper location of the esprit decals which go on the side.

Can anyone tell me where the S1 exterior decals should sit exactly. I have been throught the workshop manual, but it doesnt meantion them at all.

If anyone has some measurements, they would be really useful.

Cos

Its almost done on the outside :thumbsup:

post-4319-033888200 1277063855.jpg

Edited by Cos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very good of you Carl - If you'd be kind enough to post the images onto the forum they'll be of use to Cos and anyone else who needs reference pics in the future. :thumbsup:

Thanks Carl.

I have PM you my email address, but i think bibs is correct. Would be nice if all the S1s had the decal in the same place, to prevent future confusion for everyone :thumbsup:

Regards

Cos

post-4319-076641800 1277063197.jpg

Edited by Cos

I think it's safe to say the normal/correct position was like the trio of S1s at the bottom, but I've seen a few Federal cars with the decals higher up, like the red car below. The orange and blue cars are original finish/decal application, and the yellow one is the famous restored 139G. The vast majority of original finish S1s I've seen had decals placed like the three at the bottom. I don't know if the placement of decals on the red one was for a reason or just coincidental.

right-rear.jpg

post-907-032412300 1277132086.jpg

Edited by Tony K

Would do but I'm having trouble loading them up would love some advise. I think will have to be come a full member. attach file show 999.66 used how dow I reduce it.

Thanks Carl

Yeh ha sorted

post-4134-064496100 1277160066.jpg

post-4134-077196800 1277160143.jpg

post-4134-029745100 1277160251.jpg

Thankyou both very much.

It looks like from what I can remember that my side decal was in the wrong place to start with anyhow. It was a bit of a godsend that my camera memory stick messed up and people posted me these very useful photos to work with.

The car is being picked up today from the bodyshop, so I am hoping that i will get Roddy (my brother) who is a perfectionist with these sort of things, to stick them on.

I decided freom very early on that I will be debadging the front of the car like the photo below. The holes for the round lotus badge have been removed and I will be using a lotus decal on the front, rather than the esprit decal. Even there though, there are some variations on the position of the decal. In the photo with CABC, the decal is slap bang in the center of the badge panel. The 122G car though has the decal about 2/3 of the way down the badge panel.

Thanks again to Carl and Tony K for posting me those pics.

Regards

Cos

post-4319-036557200 1277199824.jpg