free hit
counters
2006 Lotus Elise, Supercharged - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

2006 Lotus Elise, Supercharged

--General--2006 Lotus Elise ConvertibleRarer Magnetic Blue colorTouring PackColor matched hard topStarshieldLeather seatsDual airbagsBlaupunkt stereo/CD/MP3 player with external auxillary cableNew instrument cluster (replaced by factory warranty)About 2,000 poundsAir conditioning (blows cold)Front mounted radiator and oil cooler--Suspension, Brakes, and Wheels--16" fronts, 17" rearsTwo full sets of black wheelsYokohama S.Drive summer tires (great tread)Pirelli P240 SnowSport winter tires (on 2nd set of wheels, good tread remaining)4 wheel drilled disc brakes4 wheel independent suspension--Engine, Transmission, and Performance--1.8L 4 cylinder, supercharged295 HP (mfg. spec, not dyno'd)31 mpg average since I've owned it (includes wild driving and normal commuting)7,000 miles on new engine, transmission, clutchNew head with performance valves, springs, seats, and retainersNew uprated oil pumpNew pistons and ringsNew uprated fuel pumpNew uprated fuel injectorsIntercooled supercharger setupNew 6-speed manual transmission (replaced by factory warranty)New ACT HD high performance clutch and pressure plateNew aluminum light weight performance flywheelMoroso baffled aluminum oil panThis car for sale is in great condition inside and out. It is equipped with the Touring Pack, StarShield, and factory hard top. Overall the car has about 37,000 miles, but the engine, transmission, clutch, flywheel, and instrument panel were all new about 7,000 miles ago. The Yokohama S.Drive tires are relatively new and have great tread left. Additionally, the car comes with an extra set of wheels currently fitted with the Lotus specified winter tires (Pirelli P240 SnowSport), also with good tread. The rear diffuser and wheels are both black as issued by the factory. I am the 2nd owner, but the first owner was listed as Lotus Cars and I was told it was an executive's car (I can't confirm that).Although I built up this car to be insane on the track, I have never been on the track with the car and drive it gently on the road. Since it's been supercharged, I broke in the new engine gently and always let it warm up fully before shutting it down. Since it's been broken in, I bet I haven't even floored it a dozen times. It's just wicked fast. I'm not that kind of driver. I get people trying to race me all the time, but I'm too chicken and I just ignore them. I'm too scared to take it on the track, so I never have. I'm just too conservative of a driver to let it go. Although rated at 27 mpg on the highway, my lifetime average since I've had the car is 31 mpg. It's a very economical and very fun commuter car for me.Now then, down to business. I'm asking $37,900. Searching for other Elises for sale (using 2005-2007 years as criteria) I can see that the range is about $30,000 - $40,000 depending on options and mileage. AutoTrader shows the average of 65 cars at $34,000. Since this car has about $12,000 in upgrades and extras (not including labor), I am asking $37,900. Now please take note: I'm not interested in leasing or renting this car. This is a full price, cash sale. None of the $x up front, $x later stuff. I am not interested in entertaining joy riders. So this is how I would like to do this. Feel free to call and ask questions or come and see it. If you are seriously interested in the car, I will first take you for a ride to at least show you a little how the car sounds and performs. After that, you can take it for a ride as well. In my opinion, I think you need to get to know a high performance car before you try to drive it anywhere near its limit. This car is extremely capable, but you still have to learn how it talks to you. I don't want to have to be a jerk and check credit or have you bring a bank pre-approval or anything, but I've had lots of problems in the past so please don't waste my time if you are not interested.

View the full article

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.