free hit
counters
Headlamp Washers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Know I should have a quick lookat the owners manual but I was wondering whether the headlamp washers use the same source as the windscreen washers.

Reason for asking:

Was out on the car on Sunday and squirted the windscreen number of times and did not get the usual blast of the lights. I think I read that it takes 3 squishes (correct technical term?) of the windscreen to one for the headlights to be activated?

So either I need to fill up the headlamp wash reservoir or there is something wrong.

Cheers

DMW

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Do your headlights need to be switched on for their squirty to, er, squirt?

I usually drive with my lights on anyway (habit after having a number of Elise's) so I suspect that they would have been on dipped beam.

Can't confirm that however.

Cheers

DMW

Hi George

yes the washer bottle feeds both lights and screen. With lights off it takes 10 squirts of the screen to actavite light washer, but with lights on washer now does lights as well.

Regards Andrew

Take plug 25 out and the lightwasher is off. If you use it, the whole car is smeared. Better to wax the lights too and so they do not take much of the filth. A.

Useful or not, the headlamp washers are just a legislative necessity with Xenon lamps. They've got to be self levelling too!

Useful or not, the headlamp washers are just a legislative necessity with Xenon lamps. They've got to be self levelling too!

You learn something every day on here!:)