free hit
counters
s3 chassis onto s1 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
V8-ESPRITS3

s3 chassis onto s1

I have a s1 esprit with a rover v8 fitted, I am going to replace the chassis for s3 so I can have the better (stronger) rear suspension etc,what would be the best one to use? I have noticed some have 4 stud wheel fitting and some 5 stud? what parts off the s1 chassis like brakes, rack etc will fit on the s3 if any? thanks Rob

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Rob,

You should of just posted this on your other topic chap people will still add comments when they flick through the posts,, As Andy clements says best to get the 1985 onwards S3 chassis as it has better suspension and better brakes etc.

As for moving stuff over from your other chassis, I would not even bother, sell or trade your s1 chassis as a complete rolling chassis, And get a complete rolling 85 onwards s3 chassis, its easier as you would not be able to move much stuff over anyway,

Regards danny