free hit
counters
I Could not do it - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

I Could not do it

I put my green 1984 Esprit Turbo up for sale for 11 000 pounds and had two people hot to trot with cash wishing to purchase it.

When it came to the crunch, I just could not bring myself to part with it. I knew I would get seller's remorse.

I keep asking myself why I need two, but I suppose it is because if something went wrong with one of them, I could not bear not having one in my garage.

What is it about these cars. They get under you skin. I just cannot get enough of them, even with their foibles.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I know how you feel.

Since I bought the Essex I've been toying with the idea of selling my NA S3 on the basis that I hardly ever use it.

Problem is that if I sold it I know that I wouldn't be able to replace it with one in as good a condition - they simply don't exist.

Guess I'll still be toying with the idea in 15 years time...

I have had thoughts from time to time of selling my Elise - not enough use, cost against return etc.

Bottom line is I would also regret it big time if I had, and although with an Elsie you can replace like for like you still don't have the years you put into it in terms of finance, care etc.

Keep em both - unless you need the money, why sell?