free hit
counters
Any reason not to buy launch edition? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Digger

Any reason not to buy launch edition?

Hey Lotus experts, I am seriously looking at what looks like a good deal on a launch spec Evora, is there any reason or advantge in paying more for an ex demo 2010 car over the 2009 launch edition? I wasn't sure if there had been any tweeks or things I should be aware of before leaping head in to a purchase just because the colour and spec is what I desire

Cheers

James

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No disadvantage at all but if it is an ex dealer demo check the isofix was retro fitted and tbd c locking parts have been updated. Frankly avfully loaded car that is run in at a good price is a no brainer to me. I don't think dealers typically allow cars to be ragged And you could always ask for a evu check to ensure no silliness if that helped your decision. IMHO the engine lisens up very nicely with use and 3 to 4 k miles. Get the deal done with the inclusion of lotus sports exhaust. I do not believe there have been gearbox changes despite autocat mentioning upgrade to the shift but someone may know mire officialy.

Thanks for the info, yeah I suppose thats the risk with demo cars is people want to push them when they test drive, I know I did (obviously with out braking any laws!)

Does anyone know what the gearbox change was, or why it was made?

The one I was looking at has now gone :)

I would say go for the LE.

I've had a very good price on mine and I don't regret buying it.

A few minor defects have occured during the first week but all have been fixed.

The toyota engine has got a very good reputation of reliability, and buying a demo car won't be too risky IMO, but reselling an ex-demo will be a little bit harder I guess.

Anyway, whatever your decision, it will be a fantastic toy...

When you say the one you were looking at is gone, is it the LE or the demo?

Edited by Captain

It was the LE that has gone now unfortunatley, just a bit late to enquire, but still looking. Wish me luck!

What colour/spec you looking for?

in an ideal world this lot:

Lotus Evora (2+2 seats)

Starlight Black

Stealth grey cast alloy wheels - Or black alloys

Would prefer the Paprika interior but not a must

Premium pack

Sport pack

Tech pack

Alpine Imprint Sound System

Reversing camera - seems like a good idea with little rear view

Bi-Xenon headlights -

Body colored door handles

I would also have a chat to Graeme Robertson @ Murray Motor Company as I believe that he is getting in quite a lot of Evora's at present.

Us Scot's seem to be buying lots of them so he is replenishing his stock quite frequently.

Cheers

DMW

I would also have a chat to Graeme Robertson @ Murray Motor Company as I believe that he is getting in quite a lot of Evora's at present.

Us Scot's seem to be buying lots of them so he is replenishing his stock quite frequently.

Cheers

DMW

Yeah he is indeed. Has a few in just now, and has 6 more arriving (all sold AFAIK)

or - 1 dealer, huge coverage area (He covers all of Scotland), 5 Million residents (or whatever), :wine: and some of the best driving roads in the country where you can actually use a car like the Evora properly . Then factor in Graeme and lots of rich folk.......... :lol: I don't know how the other dealers are doing but Graeme was telling me something like 17 on the road recently so will still not exactly be common for sure.

Possibly no reason, provided you have checked whether you want the standard or the close ratio gear box before you decide!

Quite different 3rd to top ratios. I would have named them the "overdrive" and the "sport" boxes.

Details have been posted before, but in summary, from 3rd to top the mph per 1000 rpm in the standard (Launch edition) box goes from 16.3 to 36.3 and in the close ratio box from 14.1 to 27.0.

Each to their own but they are very different!

28 now Justin, cheers! :rolleyes:

The two gearboxes are indeed different, it depends what you'll mainly do with the car; the close-ratio box is more suitable for a rural drive, but can be revvier at motorway speeds; obviously it's slightly thirstier, and there's a good chance that the 2011 model car may have two different emissions ratings, dependent on gearbox. Both are great though - and it's great that a manufacturer gives you the choice!

Cheers, Graeme, Murray Motor Co

Loving my car with the close ratio box, only downside is the fuel consumption averaging 22.6 mpg

Edited by bingoking

I think it's safe to say that Graeme is a good sales man :thumbdown:

Now how do I change my name on here!

Edited by wants a Lotus

Loving my car with the close ratio box, only downside is the fuel consumption averaging 22.6 mpg

****UPDATE*****

I couldn't understand why I was getting such poor fuel consumption (average 22.6mpg) and why it varied from what was indicated on the on board computer screen.

I have for years religiously noted my mileage and quantity of fuel at fill ups and then worked out the mpg for all my vehicles.

When I got my iPhone I downloaded the app "Car Care" and now use that rather than pen an paper.

I discovered today in checking some of the entries that I am getting better consumption than calculated by the app.

The penny then dropped, I have had the app set on mpg rather than mpg(UK) so it has been calculating on US Gallons rather than Imperial Gallons. :)

My average is 27.2mpg(UK)

I think it's safe to say that Graeme is a good sales man :)

Now how do I change my name on here!

Glad to see you've bought one...

Shame as Guy has posted up about Roger Beckers personal launch edition he's about to put up for sale. Would have been ideal for you!

Any pics of yours?