free hit
counters
'late' interior on V8 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Günter

'late' interior on V8

Hello guys & girls,

as for the upcomming Aircon, SIR and HiFi-entertainment work that needs to be done on mine , I need an detailed plan/discription of the interiour fittings.

The workshop-book seems not to be as detailed as I want to know it in some ways.. . So to do it with as much care as I can an pictured documentary (probbably from one who has done an interiour rework/change ?) would be very helpfull.

What I can see is how the microwave cover (rear storage pocket) is fittet, and I know that there are bolts under the small instrument-panel of the '98 cars. The workshop-book mentions some screws for the 'knee-bolster' ...but think there are a lot more than that !

cheers!

*sidenote: my car is an dual-SIR , so sadly no seperate glove box

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

any hints, clues ...advices ?

-no ?? :tumbleweed:

It doesn't seem to be something anyone has done, who would take a new interior and rework it, it didn't get any better over time as this was the last apparition.

I looked on this and there's not much on there either.

http://www.espritv8b...k/interior.html

Knee bolster for drivers side (LHD) car has a large horizontal bolt at the outboard lower edge.

A horizontal stud sticks out of the center console area that mates to the lower inboard side of the bolster.

A small vertical screw is acessable when you take the outboard vent out.

Various vertically oriented fasteners under the instrument cluster. Some are not obvious!

Be sure to keep track of the spacer bushing at the outboard lower edge of the bolster.

All the vertical screws that I described have to be removed to pull the center console out (plus some obvious ones in the center area).

When you get the bolster out you can use this as an opportunity to organise thewires better and cut down on rattles and squeeks.

BTW-- this is on a 2003.

If you've found a way to take that center rear pocket out , let us know.

Bibs, newer seen this on LEW -just thought the 'biuld-documentation' PDF is all whats out there .. (it does not cover the insights on the interiour as I thought.)

But as Brian says, 'lots of rattles & squeeks' and not working wiring ... just typical if you're an second hand owner.

So will copy those suggestions on harddrive for the winter season. Some project-works needs to be done on this anyways.. .

Thanks so far.

PS. @ Brian: isn't the rear-pocket (microvave cover, at least..) on the later interior just screwed on with four screws [Phillips head] ? You can feel them under the carpet .. .