free hit
counters
Driver side (left) mirror - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Crescent Fresh

Driver side (left) mirror

My mirror had been vibrating for a few months, then it started shaking. After a 3 minute review, I found the problem. When I loosened the small Allen under the collar, I was able to wiggle the mirror off of the mount with very little effort. Where do I get this part and what is it called?

058.jpg

http://i21.photobuck...Borzoi2/058.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's called a 'mirror turret' on the Marcos Heritage Spares site.... see clicky for a picture.

On the sjsportscars site (more expensive), I believe that they are called the Door Mirror Mounting Plinth and are part number A082U7113F and are probably a bit more expensive if they include the part of the mechanism which is in the mirror (that appears to be the bit on your picture which is broken).

However, the parts manual for your car lists it as an A082U7113F. If you don't have a parts manual you can download one from this forum if you are a paid up member. I'm sure that PNM engineering will do them too.....

I'd suggest an early morning call (for you, anyway) to enquire about what exactly you get for your money rather than just ordering 'blind' on the interwebthingy.

In either case they're sh*t and made out of monkey metal. I'm amazed that there are not more people complaining about them considering that they are fitted to a large number of our types of cars.

Edited by wookie

Not any more - they're rocking horse doo doo now. Bought a couple off Pete at PNM recently, having scoured the country. I believe they were £20-odd each.

It's from a Citroen CX. I was able to get them from this place in the US but they show no stock now. Give them a call and see what the availabilty is.

mirror bracket

Edited by lotus4s