free hit
counters
Hose - Vent to Airbox S2 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Hose - Vent to Airbox S2

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the large air hose that goes from the airbox to the vent in the boot area? The original one keeps tearing as it only seems to be made out of tin foil with a tissue paper covering - nice and light but useless!

Cheers,

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a long time now (20+ years), but I seem to remember using a big plastic hose off a mini to replace one of the hoses in that area. It could well have been that one. The hose on the mini goes from the grill to the heater intake under the O/S front wing. As I say, my memory might be failing me but it's worth investigating.

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the large air hose that goes from the airbox to the vent in the boot area? The original one keeps tearing as it only seems to be made out of tin foil with a tissue paper covering - nice and light but useless!

Cheers,

Pete

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

- Mario Andretti

My S2 has a hose consisting of a helically-wound wire covered in a plastic. Seems tough enough. Could be the same as some sort of heater air inlet.

Hasn't SJ Sportscars or Paul Matty got anything?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hi All

What sort of diameter are you looking at? If it's about 3 inch, going off Nicks thought (which is 100% correct - I own and know Mini's backwards), why don't you try a go-faster performance shop? They sell aftermarket 'induction' kits for just about all makes of cars, and am sure you can buy some decent flexible hose by the metre off them.

Just a thought - Mark

Edited by markt

Thanks guys.

I hesitate with the K&Ns after hearing stories of fuel blowbacks and engine fires.

The parts guys over here seem to supply the flimsy pipe I've already got - which is obviously the correct part for the job but expensive for what it is especially if it keep breaking!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Troy - Thanks, spot on!

Shah - Check past threads and also on the yahoo site. Theer have been a number of discussions about the potetial problems. On the otherhand there are many owners who've never had a problem!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009