free hit
counters
Lumbar adjustment pump bulb - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
set

Lumbar adjustment pump bulb

The bulb for pumping up the lumbar support in the driver's seat in my 90 SE is missing - is it a common thing to go missing, and is there any point in trying to find a replacement, or isn't it effective? Anyone got any experience of them?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It pumps up a balloon, or similar, in the bottom section of the seat back. I played with them a little and left about 1/2 way inflated. You should have two bulbs one for each seat. Looks like a pretty standard rubber bulb, for example like those used for inflating blood pressure measurement sleeves. I bet one could find replacements with a little effort.

Trevor

Possibly even a fuel pump bulb, which has the same shape/size. Like the one's used with outboard motor fuel tanks.

Not sure but I think it may have been from some 80's Toyota. Supra rings a bell???

Thanks Guys - I'll look around a bit for a bulb and see if I can get it to work.:rolleyes:

Hi Chaps,

I had the same issue with my SE, I found a 'puffer' tool sold by Maplin shops and other cheap tool shops only 2.00 -3.00 quid - remove the brass ferrule in the end and push it over the pipe end piece on the seats.

The release tap [to release the lumbar air] was still where (I trust your's too?)

Worked fine for me!

Pump was missing too on my S4s driver's seat. Found a new pump+release valve at SJS (part # A089V6142F). Costs a little more than £2 or £3, but still reasonable.

Edited by RV_ABZ