free hit
counters
abs light - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've started to look closely at the Kelsey Hayes ABS units as along with the ECM they are another Esprit V8 (and GT3 in terms of braking) point of failure. As with all components on an aging vehicle s

I would expect the units to be mechanically the same but the calibration to differ so it will be interesting to find out if this is indeed the case. The ROM is probably programmed on board but it is p

On generic race abs systems there is indeed a wheel size (and weight and vehicle weight?) so I too think there is a different calibration on the Esprit, but my guess (random guess) is the pump is the

Posted Images

@march Hello Marc, a Happy New Year to you. As above, I'm looking to put a KH415/KH430 diagnostics etc. app together. I can develop and test against the KH415 on my '96 V8 but I will need some help with the same against a KH430. I'm assuming that your post '98 has one? If so, have you got a DLC/ELM327/PC interface that you use for e.g. Peter English's V8 ECM diagnostics tool? We can take this offline to IM if you can assist. Thank you sir.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

@march aha! That is EXACTLY what I need Marc! I am going to develop the software to talk to the ABS ECM. Are you up for helping me? It will only require you to download and run a simple comms utility program against the instructions that I will provide. Then once I have proven the interface I can write the application and of course you will get a copy! This is not mega urgent by the way, I need to do my KH415 first to prove that it is possible. So it is not imminent.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)