free hit
counters
Buying an Esprit S3 workshop manual - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Halletts5

Buying an Esprit S3 workshop manual

Hello, I have recently bought a project Esprit S3, (Restoration of S3 2.2 HC), I am about to buy a workshop manual for obvious reasons. I have however come across differing prices for them. I am also a bit concerned that the S3 manual is only for the Turbo as seems to be the case for the parts list.

Are there different manuals available,if so which is the best? I am not necessarily looking for the cheapest.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I got my S3 manual from South West Lotus and cost around £100 all told. Took a few days to arrive.

You are right, it covers Turbo but it does have all the relevant parts for N/A. I just took out the turbo and federal sections to stop me reading and following the wrong bits - easy to do in the wiring diagram section.

The price was what others had suggested for a new one but I dare say someone will have a used manual for alot less.

Hi Purchased mine of Sj sportscars if i remeber right and yes it did cover the s3 and turbo, its black and has gold pictures on the front of both the s3 and s3 turbo, good manual and comes in handy especially when speaking to steve as you can say page number washer and spring item number 34 etc, very usefull.

Have seen a few on ebay go for anything from £20 to £50 just depends whos looking for one at the time im affraid, either way ebay would get you the bargain. if you join the forum as a full member you get access to the manual i think, but in the past i have always found with the invention of the digital camera its great to take pics on strip down etc, its very easy to forget the order of things when you have left them in a pile on the workbench for 6months etc, that mixed with getting older adds to the problem :rolleyes: with the pictures its monkey see monkey do! always the way ahead! good for the restoration album for yourself or future owners if you ever decide to sell the car on in the future.

Regards danny

Unless I have missed something, you dont get workshop manual access as a full member but you do get the parts lists and since they have full exploded diagrams of everything, they are invaluable!

I have seen some workshop manuals on ebay as CD ROMs but as far as I know, one for the S3 doesn't exist.

Simon

Unless I have missed something, you dont get workshop manual access as a full member but you do get the parts lists and since they have full exploded diagrams of everything, they are invaluable!

I have seen some workshop manuals on ebay as CD ROMs but as far as I know, one for the S3 doesn't exist.

Simon

No its the proper black esprit books that show on ebay, The cds are crap and i find the books are better as i hate using computers in the garage as have broken two in the garage while using a tuning program for the v8, Only now have i been given a decent little cheap one by a mate to use in there!

Regards danny

John's right, keep an eye on ebay and with a little patience one will come up. I got one for my S2 for £26

Still trying to get the hang of this forum thing, (first one I have joined). Thank you to everyone who has replied, good to see I am not the only one that spends an unhealthly amount of time on this site!

Looks like there is only one manual, from what people have said. I have looked via a link from LEW (which I haven't joined, there is more info on this one than I can read as it is), peninsula cars do the manual for £82.35 + VAT, £10 delivery, looks like the cover is black with gold writing. Has anybody used this company before, never seen its name come up in any of the threads that I have read, (I've read alot!).

I have joined this forum, downloaded and printed the parts manual already. Am I correct in thinking that this is Turbo specific?

Richard

You are absolutely right - it was Peninsular I got mine from as well. Its been a while, lots of water under bridge etc etc....

Spoke to the on the phone - helpful and friendly. Price as you said. They said they can also supply spares but I havnt tried them since. Forgot about them to be honest.

Get the manual - it will become your new friend!

I agree, a CD ROM would be useless. Old fashioned paper is the future.

I have just recieved a binder titled 'Service Notes Turbo Esprit and Esprit S3' purchased off EBay. It has a part number A082T0327Z. Can anybody tell me if this is the same as a workshop manual? It still looks pretty useful even if it isn't.

Thank you Andy, well happy with that, got it for £27 incl. postage. Looks hardly used and on nice shiny paper. No excuses not to start taking things apart now.